Solutions

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a look at who voted for all the rule changes the past few years then try to say with a straight face that it's only the top 3 driving the activity.

A naive statement at best. How long have the directors of the top corps been in their posts? How about hte lower placing corps? How do you think the interpsonal dynamics of such a group work? How do you think the new guys and gals on the block react to having rules proposals pushed for year upon year by the experienced stalwarts from the top corps of the activity with stong personalities. If it were only as simple as you state.

And it goes around and round untill there are none left. The powers that be are completely responsible for the mess THEY have created. Nice job boys, and yes I know that quite a few of you "bigdog" directors read this stuff. How about a solution from one of you with enough fortitude to air it on this board. I love drum corps, but its rapidly disappearing.......

Edited by 84skyrydr

A naive statement at best. How long have the directors of the top corps been in their posts? How about hte lower placing corps? How do you think the interpsonal dynamics of such a group work? How do you think the new guys and gals on the block react to having rules proposals pushed for year upon year by the experienced stalwarts from the top corps of the activity with stong personalities. If it were only as simple as you state.

I wouldn't speculate on such things because I have no idea.

I would imagine that individual directors are perfectly capable of thinking for themselves though.

I wouldn't speculate on such things because I have no idea.

I would imagine that individual directors are perfectly capable of thinking for themselves though.

But you did speculate - just as you did in the final comment above. And as I said before, it's a naive statement.

But you did speculate - just as you did in the final comment above. And as I said before, it's a naive statement.

Ok, I'm naive and you're a cynic.

But if the lower corps directors are so whipped by the top 3 directors how come the Crossmen director voted against one of GH's proposals a few years back? You would think that if any corps director would have felt the pressure to conform it would have been the Crossmen.

Take a look at who voted for all the rule changes the past few years then try to say with a straight face that it's only the top 3 driving the activity.

Take a look at two of the more costly rule changes over the last several years: amplification and the 150 member rule.

Where did these come from? Southwind? Pacific Crest? Cascades? Blue Stars? Glassmen? Spirit? etc................ I don't think so!

If drum corps gets too expensive for most corps because of all these "new and improved" ideas then Hoppy et al will be the ones closing the door and turning out the lights. But they will be doing it with championship rings on their fingers, by gosh!

I'm hopeful that the next rules conference will concentrate on things that define what it means to be World and Open class, and come out with some hard (and public) criteria on what the responsibilities are for both classes.

I am still waiting for one of the directors to respond? No one up to the challenge. Mr. Fiedler? Mr. Hopkins?, anybody????????? You guys are going stronger than ever, so why not come on here and share a little of the model that these folding corps should be emulating. you guys have the formula, it is time to share.