Solutions

I have no idea what just happened here.

I guess you must not own a drum cops shirt with a tombstone, a clock and a white rabbit then......................

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a solution: Let the directors of the Blue Devils, Cavies, Cadets and other top corps decide what to do.... oh no wait, thats why we're in this mess. My bad.... :doh: But, hey, the good thing is that they wll keep active. :blink:

Really? I could have swore that every director got an equal vote.

But then we couldn't blame the top 3 for being good I guess

I don't know about the votes, it was tongue in cheek, if you look at my emoticon. As far as the top being good, well duh. They aren't punished, they are richly rewarded with extensive money from shows, sales of shirts, free equipment or heavily reduced, etc, and they get all kinds of kids to try out for one of the 150 spots at how much per camp? They are well rewarded for being good. I never said its a bad thing, I am just saying that for the health of the activity as a WHOLE, the bigdogs are going to have to do something to help keep other corps going, or being big really won't mean ANYTHING, almost certainly. Picture finals night 2013, and you get to see the top 4 corps that made it over the top 6 from semis. Everyone doesn't want to hear about the old days, when there were so many corps that being in the top 25 was elite, your old days are going to be spent reminiscing on when there was a DCI circuit period..... something to think about.

Excellent point. Wonder how many of this year's rule change proposals will seek to reduce the cost of competing, and how many will just add more, more, more....

Unfortunately, there are several proposals that do just that. :blink:

( sarcasm ON )

Now I understand. As long as you are "in the DCP click", you can call people out like that and not be censored, but if I call you an #######, or a no good ###### ######, I get censored.

And let's face it, calling anyone Poche' is just about as bad as calling them an #######, but I wear the name proudly.

So I go through the smilies and I see one nicknamed RAMD.

Ain't THAT nice.

Now I see how two faced " some " of the people here are.

Speaking of two faced:

By the way Mike, is it true that when you were born the Dr. turned you over and thought you were twins ? ( rimshot)

( sarcasm OFF )

( some day we must meet over a beer at a stadium somewhere and surprize ourselves at how well we might actually get along )

Mike,

My reply was mean purely as humor...that's why the smiley :P is there. Nothing more.

Sorry you misunderstood that.

I did edit the post where you used inappropriate language, that's all. That is done to any post that uses such language, not just you. From your reponse I thought you were OK with it.

Mike

Mike,

My reply was mean purely as humor...that's why the smiley :P is there. Nothing more.

Sorry you misunderstood that.

I did edit the post where you used inappropriate language, that's all. That is done to any post that uses such language, not just you. From your reponse I thought you were OK with it.

Mike

I caught the :P and THAT'S why I used the "Sarcasm ON at the top of my reply and sarcasm OFF at the end. And I didn't actually use any censored words but just used a bunch of #'s in the right numbers to make a humorus statement ( in this last post ). Well, at least to me it was humorus that I would consider you calling me by my name to be the same as being called an ahole............

Ahhhh see how much trouble this censorship thing causes :ramd:

( yea I know, it's not the censorship thing, it's me :whistle: )

Really? I could have swore that every director got an equal vote.

In case you were serious....no, only division I (world class) directors have the final vote on rule change proposals. And on all other matters (everything but the Rules Congress), only those who have been top-21 for three years running can vote.

In case you were serious....no, only division I (world class) directors have the final vote on rule change proposals. And on all other matters (everything but the Rules Congress), only those who have been top-21 for three years running can vote.

Div II/III has a seperate vote for Div II/III rules.

Anyway, the top 21 running things is hardly the same as BD, Cadets, and Cavies running things.

Div II/III has a seperate vote for Div II/III rules.

Anyway, the top 21 running things is hardly the same as BD, Cadets, and Cavies running things.

Take a look at who has been proposing all the rule changes the past few years then try to say with a straight face that it's the corps in 18th to 21st driving the activty.

Take a look at who has been proposing all the rule changes the past few years then try to say with a straight face that it's the corps in 18th to 21st driving the activty.

Take a look at who voted for all the rule changes the past few years then try to say with a straight face that it's only the top 3 driving the activity.