Did Narration cost Cadets the 2007 Championship?

Cadets Narration  

407 members have voted

1. 1. .

• Yes
    • No

It'll make more sense when you read the post he quoted.

I never said it did not make sense. I just said it did not prove or disprove anything about an entirely different year. Try working on your own reading comprehension before correcting mine.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some of those ppl?? i think just one right here. hi....and i got it, i marched Cadets along with 2 other ppl in this thread that marched 07. Now go tally up the blue team and their posts and count the results

I hope you enjoyed the heck out of the experience. The time goes by fast......then it's gone.

Now, when you were gone all summer doing something productive....the rest of us were on here arguing how many angels can fit on the head of a pin and stuff like that. I dare say the posters were weighted heavily toward the Cadets side. So, Cadets were and are very well represented here.

I hope you enjoyed the heck out of the experience. The time goes by fast......then it's gone.

Now, when you were gone all summer doing something productive....the rest of us were on here arguing how many angels can fit on the head of a pin and stuff like that. I dare say the posters were weighted heavily toward the Cadets side. So, Cadets were and are very well represented here.

They (we) were no more heavily weighted than the anti-Cadets posters.

Members who marched this year? No.

Hows this? We weren't going to win with or without narration. It sucks that this whole issue of narration seems to overshadow everything else that people actually have actually worked and practiced for, that is marching and playing. Instead with have a massive thread and previous billions of posts on narration. I'm not opposed to it (I was but, marching the show obviously changed that), but I don't understand why it is such a big deal.

Overalls, Tights, and a bird on your hat while moving at 215 bpm as you hold a chunk of metal attached to your face. Think about it, it's just narration.

Edited by Mouthpiece1234

Too many people in here give judging too much credit. It's not an exact science yet people treat it like it is. It's opinons and friends have friends etc... Please remember the judge views and then says "ummmmm maybe I'll give them.........something like......a ____". Also most judges are not good instructors. If they were they would be instructing. They have been very few judges turned great instructor. They have been many more turned bad instructor.

So, my point is judging isn't perfect. There's many many flaws in an opinon system. Don't treat it like it's a scientific fact when a judge puts a number down. A different guy on a different night would say something totally different.

I never said it did not make sense. I just said it did not prove or disprove anything about an entirely different year. Try working on your own reading comprehension before correcting mine.

Whoa there buddy, it wasn't an attack on you at all. Should it have been? Gese. Just trying to help what I thought might have been a miscommunication. :( Besides, does what we say on these silly forums EVER prove anything? Nah.

Edited by bluublood

Whoa there buddy, it wasn't an attack at all. Gese. Just trying to help what I thought might have been a miscommunication. :(

Someone say geese?

kidsanimatedmothergoose.gifaei_animated_goose.gif

Members who marched this year? No.

Hows this? We weren't going to win with or without narration. It sucks that this whole issue of narration seems to overshadow everything else that people actually have actually worked and practiced for, that is marching and playing. Instead with have a massive thread and previous billions of posts on narration. I'm not opposed to it (I was but, marching the show obviously changed that), but I don't understand why it is such a big deal.

Overalls, Tights, and a bird on your hat while moving at 215 bpm as you hold a chunk of metal attached to your face. Think about it, it's just narration.

I completely understand. The 2007 Cadet show was everything a normal drum corps show was. The narration was just layered on top so the show would make sense. So in conclusion, narration would have had to help your general effect score. Am I off base?