my first christmas special was the wizard of oz. that was back in the 50's. i don't remember anything else back then.

You guys can laugh all you want about Christmas specials, but there are some of us on this thread were around before Christmas specials. In fact, there are a few of us who were around before Christmas was even invented.

You guys can laugh all you want about Christmas specials, but there are some of us on this thread were around before Christmas specials. In fact, there are a few of us who were around before Christmas was even invented.

:tongue:

so you really do come from BC eh?

thanks for taking the time to explain it to a youngin' like me Tony but i actually knew all of this stuff. my parents were strong believers in the classics so i got the Shadow reference. even blew a co-worker away with finishing off "Good Night Mrs. Calabash" with "whereever you are". plus some people think i'm just an old soul anyways. :tongue:

Yep Liz...

My folks too.. That's why I said "Showing how old some of us are here on the GW thread.... " I'm old enough to remember what it was Jim-Joe was referring to... LOL

Oh come on Magee.........or Fibber.......and what would Molly have in THAT closet? Actually the Lassie bit is 50's and The Shadow was one of my favorites, along with the Lone Ranger, Green Hornet and many, many others.....but wait!!!! No, Molly, don't open that.............uh oh

(With apologies to NanciD for this OT post.... again)

Jim, Was it Molly that used to open that closet door all the time?

(With apologies to NanciD for this OT post.... again)

Jim, Was it Molly that used to open that closet door all the time?

That's a good question. I just remember the sound of the avalanche of junk spewing out of the closet. I still use "Fibber Magee's closet" to describe a messy room.

I seem to remember Lamont Cranston's girlfriend's name was Margo??

My favoirite was "The Great Gildersleeve" I liked to hear the undertaker, Digger O'Dell, say it was time for hm to be "shoveling off"

How about Duffy's Tavern? "Hello, Duffy's Tavern. This is Archie speaking - Duffy ain't here"

PS I was raised by my grandparents. The radio and "HiFi" was our evening entertainment until I was a junior in HS. :tongue:

Andyroo said:

"You guys can laugh all you want about Christmas specials, but there are some of us on this thread were around before Christmas specials. In fact, there are a few of us who were around before Christmas was even invented."

Gee Andy, I knew you were old, but not THAT old! I thought you were going to say that "there are a few of us who were around before television was invented!"

You WERE friends with Philo T. Farnsworth, weren't you?

See you in Baltimore (Parkville)?

so Magee...........they did have HS waaaaaaaaaaay back then?????????????

That's a good question. I just remember the sound of the avalanche of junk spewing out of the closet. I still use "Fibber Magee's closet" to describe a messy room.

I seem to remember Lamont Cranston's girlfriend's name was Margo??

My favoirite was "The Great Gildersleeve" I liked to hear the undertaker, Digger O'Dell, say it was time for hm to be "shoveling off"

How about Duffy's Tavern? "Hello, Duffy's Tavern. This is Archie speaking - Duffy ain't here"

PS I was raised by my grandparents. The radio and "HiFi" was our evening entertainment until I was a junior in HS. :tongue:

John, don't encourage him.........they only let him out of the 'home' when his med's are working.....the timertity to suggest that this thread is populated by olde phartes

Andyroo said:

"You guys can laugh all you want about Christmas specials, but there are some of us on this thread were around before Christmas specials. In fact, there are a few of us who were around before Christmas was even invented."

Gee Andy, I knew you were old, but not THAT old! I thought you were going to say that "there are a few of us who were around before television was invented!"

You WERE friends with Philo T. Farnsworth, weren't you?

See you in Baltimore (Parkville)?