hey, i had fun!.. :laughing:

I was there too :tongue:

Oh well, we both beat the NY/NJ powerhouses!

I was in the Sunrisers in 1969 and I have no clue!!!!!!

The only females in the corps that year were in the guard for the second half of the season. Our first female brass person didn't march till '70.

But then again, that was the sixties.......

I was in the Sunrisers in 1969 and I have no clue!!!!!!

The only females in the corps that year were in the guard for the second half of the season. Our first female brass person didn't march till '70.

But then again, that was the sixties.......

Actually she never marched with Sun. Puppet indicated that he first saw her at Sun's indoor show. She was supposedly with one of the Corps that was participating in Sun's show.

Actually she never marched with Sun. Puppet indicated that he first saw her at Sun's indoor show. She was supposedly with one of the Corps that was participating in Sun's show.

And just to clarify: Mid July outdoor full competition - Sun sponsored a junior corps show a few times over the years.

Puppet

My apologies folks. I've been extremely busy lately. I pop in as often as I can (when I'm not on my heating pad and trying to recoup for the next chore to tackle). You've all been playing along very well. Thank you! :laughing:

It's been about 5 pages since I posted the latest feature.... so, for those just tuning in here's the post again:

If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)

If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.

When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

For a little more insight on the workings of this thread check out pg. 790 post #7894.

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.

Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way...

Guess Who ? # 281

And just to clarify: Mid July outdoor full competition - Sun sponsored a junior corps show a few times over the years.

Puppet

Jersey girl? ... 69 was too early for BS and Garfield's female guards ... don't think they went co-ed until 71 ... how about some hints on corps that were at this show ...

:-)

OK. But I never met her. I saw her at the Sunriser's show in Long Island in '69. The corps she was with at the time ... well they all kinda stayed to themselves but I buttonholed one of their horn players and he told me her name which once you hear it you can't forget. A very strong name that reminds me of a Supreme Court Judge of note.

Puppet

Is that the one with the same last name as Archie Bunker?

Jersey girl? ... 69 was too early for BS and Garfield's female guards ... don't think they went co-ed until 71 ... how about some hints on corps that were at this show ...

Here's a few hints:

Position Corps Score

1 Boston Crusaders 75.900

2 Garfield Cadets 71.200

3 St. Rita's Brassmen 69.150

4 Poughkeepsie Pacers 62.800

5 Bridgemen 59.400

6 Joanettes 51.850

Poughkeepsie Pacers are out, I think they had white uni tops. Not the same color as her hair. Garfield I believe, didn't have females in 69 yet. Don't know the color of the Joanettes uniforms. it's not St. Ritas, because Puppet had to seek her out. Bridgemen even as St. Andrews didn't wear red. I know because I helped sell Selden's uniforms to them in their beginning. After that, they went banana's. That leaves the Boston Crusaders or Joanetts. Both from Mass. If she's a Jersey gal, that's a hell of a commute.

I could be wrong in all this though, and it wouldn't be the first time.