Personally,

I think you're all nuts!

Tommy, don't worry about her. Everybody pretends to be afraid of her - just to humor her.

She's actually a wicked witch who lives in a cave somewhere in upstate New York. She comes out every once in a while to threaten us with her magic scepter. At least she thinks it's a magic scepter. It's actually just an old fly swatter, with some mylar ribbons glued onto one end.

Just be sure to carry some holy water with you when you go to contests. If she comes up to you, sprinkle it on her. She usually runs away screaming, "I'm melting... I'm melting."

Hi All,

I swear I sent the url!! Honest!!

It's a pleasure to meet you all--I was a rookie in drum corp 4 times (lots of initiation) and it turns out I am a rookie 38 years later, here. I am beat. HAHA!!!

Thanks for the mulligan---I will do better in the future. Mean time here's me in '74 (gee guess what corp) you can print and put up on the dart board but try not to hit gal next to me Cathy O'Connell--she was and is a major figure from the Des Plaines Vanguard and also marched Royal-Airs alum...

stars3.jpg

Ok did that work? I will get this right if it takes all year.......

Tommy, don't worry about her. Everybody pretends to be afraid of her - just to humor her.

She's actually a wicked witch who lives in a cave somewhere in upstate New York. She comes out every once in a while to threaten us with her magic scepter. At least she thinks it's a magic scepter. It's actually just an old fly swatter, with some mylar ribbons glued onto one end.

Just be sure to carry some holy water with you when you go to contests. If she comes up to you, sprinkle it on her. She usually runs away screaming, "I'm melting... I'm melting."

andy you make me laugh so hard my sides hurt. :tongue:

I blew it again, didn't I? And yes Duke, I are a drummer...

Edited by tommyfromhowardst

don't worry about it. the queen say's your ok. when she speaks we ALL listen. oh except siglow. but then i like him.

Is there a tone in your voice about you being a drummer.lol Hey! some of my best friends are drummers , but they still can't march a lick. WELCOME ABOARD, you will see that we kid each other a lot and I don't want you to feel left out, so you stink.

Duke asked:

"Are you a drummer?"

No, Duke, those are soup pots he used to carry around on the field! LOL!

Welcome aboard, Tommy. We drummers have to stick together! Right, Don?

Back on topic:

As for the corps in picture #300, it's hard to tell without color, but the uniform resembles a certain Japanese-American corps from Chicago. The dark, double stripe is distinctive, and I recall them being purple on the corps that I'm thinking of. However, none of the members appear to be Japanese, but then it's difficult to see for sure, even when enlarged.