it's not just the booze for NJA/TIA weekend.

it's the thousand plus teenagers running around on the weekend the place opens up for the season.

it's not just the booze for NJA/TIA weekend.

it's the thousand plus teenagers running around on the weekend the place opens up for the season.

And how many kids from the hundreds of Drum Corps that Jersey used to have BITD do you think would be running around WW the week after the season closed.

If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)

If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.

When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

For a little more insight on the workings of this thread check out pg. 790 post #7894.

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.

Please submit any questions and / or pics in their full size (preferably JPG format), with full description - names, Corps, Stadium, Year... etc. to: The *Guess Who* Mailbox

Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way...

Guess these two # 377 ?

(click on pic to enlarge)

Bart is on the left.... Guess Who is on the right?

And how many kids from the hundreds of Drum Corps that Jersey used to have BITD do you think would be running around WW the week after the season closed.

Heh.... one year, late 1970s at that Wildwood weekend, the local authorities had started to reign in the .... shall we say..... overuse of open beverage containers on the streets.

A buddy of mine from Sun and I took a walk up Atlantic Ave. from our "gathering place" in front of the Eden Roc during the parade, probably to get a bite to eat or some such thing.... we asked someone for a couple of beers, and they gave us each a beer from their cooler.... we drank the brews (OK..... chugged them....LOL), then when we got to to the next intersection a cop asked us to get rid of the beer containers.

Let the games begin. LOL. "Yes, officer... no problem"... we threw away the containers. A few steps down the street we asked another spectator for beers, they gave us a couple... we tossed 'em back... next intersection, another cop told us to throw out the containers. Into the trash went the containers. A few more steps down the street, "do you folks have a couple of beers to spare?"......

This went on for several blocks. :blink:

So much for the crackdown on open containers that year. :tongue:

nope.....and Blue Rock had their first official weekend reunion....what a bummer............1st time in many, many years either marching or watching

You weren't there either???? :tongue:

Fran, I remember when they had cops with dogs all over the streets, but especially at Kellys and the Garden State.....they were very confrontational and I saw some people beat on for carrying beers....they were usually hammered, but still.............mid-late '70's early '80's

Heh.... one year, late 1970s at that Wildwood weekend, the local authorities had started to reign in the .... shall we say..... overuse of open beverage containers on the streets.

A buddy of mine from Sun and I took a walk up Atlantic Ave. from our "gathering place" in front of the Eden Roc during the parade, probably to get a bite to eat or some such thing.... we asked someone for a couple of beers, and they gave us each a beer from their cooler.... we drank the brews (OK..... chugged them....LOL), then when we got to to the next intersection a cop asked us to get rid of the beer containers.

Let the games begin. LOL. "Yes, officer... no problem"... we threw away the containers. A few steps down the street we asked another spectator for beers, they gave us a couple... we tossed 'em back... next intersection, another cop told us to throw out the containers. Into the trash went the containers. A few more steps down the street, "do you folks have a couple of beers to spare?"......

This went on for several blocks. :blink:

So much for the crackdown on open containers that year. :tongue:

If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)

If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.

When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

For a little more insight on the workings of this thread check out pg. 790 post #7894.

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.

Please submit any questions and / or pics in their full size (preferably JPG format), with full description - names, Corps, Stadium, Year... etc. to: The *Guess Who* Mailbox

Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way...

Guess these two # 377 ?

(click on pic to enlarge)

Bart is on the left.... Guess Who is on the right?

Mike Siglow! :)

OT....

Happy Birthday to CarolleeT!!! nodding-happy-burfday-banner.gif

OT....

Happy Birthday to CarolleeT!!! nodding-happy-burfday-banner.gif

Thank you, Tony. At my age they are no longer happy.

True story(ies). Most of us (that were of drinking age of course :tongue: ) would get to the Garden State Bar at all hours of the day. We'd be there all day and into the wee hours. The way it worked was they locked the doors at 4:00 AM and you drank your way out. At 7:00 AM Saturday, like clock work, from 1964 through til I can't remember what year, Manny Salort's girlfriend would be at Maxwell Field where the field competition was held, asking for donations to get Manny out of jail. We'd all chip in, Robin would go get Manny bailed out. The cops would take Manny to the edge of town and tell him, "Don't come back". I'm sure you all know what that meant. :blink: At any rate, each year Manny was put in the same cell. It is said that Manny put his name up on the cell wall and it read,"MANNY SALORT 1964-65-66-67,"...and so on and so on and so on.

Great Manny Salort story Mike. I recall in 1975 sitting at a bar in a legion hall for a Sky practice in I think Secaucus or Union City. We had to go through the Lincoln Tunnel to get there from NYC. Manny shows up and sits next to me. We started talking about Selden and Lucy's and the 60's. Manny wasn't the best at using discretion. I handed him a pill to perk him up. He didn't even ask what it was, he just swallowed it and continued talking. He was the Jim Morrison of drum corps. I wouldn't give him anything to hurt him mind you, I just thought it was odd behavior. :blink: