Please Read Before You Post

Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way..

Left to Right, One at a time, Guess Who # 462 ?

Left to Right:

1. Jimmy Russo

2, ??

#2 D.O.

thumbup.gif

thumbup.gif

my memory fades. was that the year joe genero went to the cabs? or was that a dream i had?

So that we can move forward:

I don't pretend to know the whole story, as I was no longer marching at the time. However, my understanding is that there was something that this Hurcs' "drum major pro-tem" and Mr. James Costello did not see eye-to-eye about that year. (I guess it had to be pretty major.) This was the result - Mr. DM opted to march elsewhere. I also have been told that the disagreement was settled after that season, and said DM returned to wear the bell-bottoms and sombrero the following year. Anyone who can or wishes to elaborate on that (or dispute it) is welcome to do so. I can only report what I was told by others.

As an aside, said DM is recuperating from some off-season health problems, and is hoping to be back in action to make an appearance at the York stage show in less than two weeks. We all wish him well, and are looking forward to his return! :smile:

I had my bucks bronzed following the 81' season, so I don't know anything of what may have happened "south of the border" that brought said DM to New England for a year. What I can say, from several trusted sources, is that as a DM, instructor and overall member he was an exceptional addition to the 83' Hurricanes! .....I would have enjoyed marching behind him.

• Like 2

I had my bucks bronzed following the 81' season, so I don't know anything of what may have happened "south of the border" that brought said DM to New England for a year.

Funny to learn you did that after the 81 season Fish..... I wanted to burn mine... devil.gif

What I can say, from several trusted sources, is that as a DM, instructor and overall member he was an exceptional addition to the 83' Hurricanes! .....I would have enjoyed marching behind him.

I think it took a while for him to get "into it" but he was very passionate with his contribution that season. (I remember doing a double take, I wan't sure of what I was seeing...heh)

While we're talking about my good friend Mr Russo.... Prayers for him as he recovers from some health challenges. I'm looking forward to seeing him in York on the 14th and at the TOS on 6/23. worthy.gif

so #3 is my old friend Pepe Notaro in rare form :thumbup:

so #3 is my old friend Pepe Notaro in rare form :thumbup:

hey quido my friend........the queen said left to right. man are you in trouble now. i know if that was me it would be kewpie time. :tongue:

#2 D.O.

AKA..........."The General"

]

#2 D.O.

AKA..........."The General"

Every time I heard him play it, this guy never missed "The Note" in Mag 7. :thumbup:

• Like 1

hey quido my friend........the queen said left to right. man are you in trouble now. i know if that was me it would be kewpie time. :tongue:

I thought I got #2..Doug Oravez

Every time I heard him play it, this guy never missed "The Note" in Mag 7. :thumbup:

Never...........