Is that the guy who was "Still a Young Man"???

Not exactly sure what you mean?.........most of the guys on this thread were still young men in 77'...so I guess the answer is yes!

Not exactly sure what you mean?.........most of the guys on this thread were still young men in 77'...so I guess the answer is yes!

Young man, there's no need to feel down.

I said, young man, pick yourself off the ground.

I said, young man, 'cause you're in a new town

There's no need to be unhappy.

Young man, there's a place you can go.

I said, young man, when you're short on your dough.

You can stay there, and I'm sure you will find

Many ways to have a good time.

It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.

It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.

:-)

or ... maybe he meant Neil Smith ... their drill guy ... was he there in 77?

Edited by ajlisko

After doing some research, I now doubt that Hurcs 1977 guest drum major was Al Chez.

"Still a Young Man" was a reference to a Tower of Power song. Al might have been a bit too young in 77 since he graduated high school in 1980.

Edited by gsksun4

After doing some research, I now doubt that Hurcs 1977 guest drum major was Al Chez.

"Still a Young Man" was a reference to a Tower of Power song. Al might have been a bit too young in 77 since he graduated high school in 1980.

Not Al Chez....but you do know him.

Please Read Before You Post

If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)

If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.

When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.

Please submit any questions and / or pics in their full size (preferably JPG format), with full description - names, Corps, Stadium, Year... etc. to:

The *Guess Who* Mailbox

Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way..

Guess Who # 462 ?

(click on pic to enlarge / enhance)

Now that you said that, I'm thinking it might be somebody that I marched with.

Somebody who went up the pike and wrote that 77 book.

Or not. Heh.

Glenn,

Re-reference Andy Lisko's mention of "bellbottoms". That should give you a major hint! (no pun intended, really!)

Well thinking of "Bell Bottoms" and a Big "Shash" that does look like it is made with "Sequins", (of "Red". "White", and Green).

Makes me think of Jimmy Russo. But did he ever take on any Drum Corps "Guest Jobs"?

Edited by 2B or not 2B

Well thinking of "Bell Bottoms" and a Big "Shash" that does look like it is made with "Sequins", (of "Red". "White", and Green).

Makes me think of Jimmy Russo. But did he ever take on any Drum Corps "Guest Jobs"?

Oh my ... you didn't wait for the history of that year to unfold ... tsk ... tsk ...

:sad: