When I first saw the photo of the current subject, the incomparable Mr. Patrone, I thought it was possibly Scotty Chappelle in front of Lt.Norman Prince. That's why I asked about the "fields of France". Ironically, Mickey was "over there", too, albeit in the next war.

With the busby, he just looked so much taller than how I remembered him.

So, who's got some good Mickey stories?

When I first saw the photo of the current subject, the incomparable Mr. Patrone, I thought it was possibly Scotty Chappelle in front of Lt.Norman Prince. That's why I asked about the "fields of France". Ironically, Mickey was "over there", too, albeit in the next war.

With the busby, he just looked so much taller than how I remembered him.

So, who's got some good Mickey stories?

Already told the General Patton Story... he never lost the "educated eye" for drum corps... he preferred to watch corps from the field level - as T&P Judge or just sitting on the front 50 and he had the darndest ability to nail the final score after every performance... so much so that when he was wrong (and that was not often) whoever the judge was that screwed up would hear about it from his chief judge and you'd never know where the call really was coming from... BUT... all chiefs listened to the boss... I know... I was one of them...

My last job in NJ was at a radio station in Long Branch at the Jersey Shore.

Mickey lived in Monmouth Beach, the next town over. Once he found out I worked maybe five minutes from where he lived, he suggested we get together from time to time for breakfast or lunch... which we did, until I moved to Maryland.

He would always joke that he was eligible for the "senior citizen coffee" discount. Good times!

• Like 1

63 was the year Reilly didn't compete ... they came back in 64 and lasted through 68 - 68 being the year of the merger bewteen Reilly and Archie ... which was stunning to most of us ... talk about rivalries!

:-)

The "Red Shamrocks" are still talking about it.... Come to a Reilly rehearsal and see for your self... w00t.gif

The "Red Shamrocks" are still talking about it.... Come to a Reilly rehearsal and see for your self... w00t.gif

I remember Red Shamrock ... nice guy ... marched next to Cossetti ... caught RRM several times in 68 ... anyone remember their repretoire?

I remember Red Shamrock ... nice guy ... marched next to Cossetti ... caught RRM several times in 68 ... anyone remember their repretoire?

Red Shamrock and his sidekick Scruffy, Cowboy duo on a kids show Saturday mornings just before Sky King..... :w00t:

When Musketeer Eyes are Crying

French Washerwoman

My Buddy's Butt (you know, "we are the Musketeers, we are a bunch of .......")

Drum solo of Red Ghost

Dipsy Doodle Raider

Exit was My Romance with a Musketeer

Sorry folks had to do it........

When Musketeer Eyes are Crying

French Washerwoman

My Buddy's Butt (you know, "we are the Musketeers, we are a bunch of .......")

Drum solo of Red Ghost

Dipsy Doodle Raider

Exit was My Romance with a Musketeer

Sorry folks had to do it........

Now that's funny and creative. Nice work Ed.

We competed against Reilly Raider Musketeers at least twice in 68. Baltimore and the DCA Prelims.

Didn't see them though. Oddly enough, Corps Reps has them listed as separate corps at 68 Baltimore and Reilly at DCA Prelims.

Must have been a strange season for them.

My fondest memory of Reilly is the 64 Dream and they were quite good that day. I believe somewhere in the second half or exit they played "The Night They Invented Champagne" and had one of the sops stumbling (An act of course) toward the finish line. That and a couple of nuns with their bun in a bunch under the stands watching them pounding beers before they went on. I believe they were commenting on how they smelled like a brewery and right after church on a Sunday. I found these nuns quite observant, that they could determine how these Raiders smelled while they themselves were standing in a sea of beer under the stands.

A lot of talent in that merged corps....completely new repertoire..all learned in about two months

Could have been a major force in a year or so

Cities Service Band of America March

Up, up and away

Cherish

Swing Low Sweet Chariot...concert

A few more that escape me at the moment

I do have a recording from a contest fron thee Gaelic Field show in the Bronx

Charts were written buy Skip Groff......who was the Reilly guy at the time

Larry Kerchner was to be theArchie arranger then

Unfortunately, neither corps had enough members to be able to get on the field, hence, the "merger"

The worker bees got along quite well. but the political infighting was too tough

Ken Newman ....aka Red Shamrock

A name now used by group of the former Archie guys now in the Reilly Alumni

• Like 1

Ken, remember that the OTL was 'By Love Possessed" and in 'Band of America' the entire sop line triple tongued the obligato......oh and the out of concert was 'More and More Amore', popularized by that trumpet player Al Alberts.....or sumptin'

Guido

A lot of talent in that merged corps....completely new repertoire..all learned in about two months

Could have been a major force in a year or so

Cities Service Band of America March

Up, up and away

Cherish

Swing Low Sweet Chariot...concert

A few more that escape me at the moment

I do have a recording from a contest fron thee Gaelic Field show in the Bronx

Charts were written buy Skip Groff......who was the Reilly guy at the time

Larry Kerchner was to be theArchie arranger then

Unfortunately, neither corps had enough members to be able to get on the field, hence, the "merger"

The worker bees got along quite well. but the political infighting was too tough

Ken Newman ....aka Red Shamrock

A name now used by group of the former Archie guys now in the Reilly Alumni

you are correct my paradiddled friend...we did march next to each other in '63, with Carmen Cirlincione between us and we were the last 3 man squad off the field at the exit

Guido

OFO/OFA