Actually, 1971 was way more competitive than 72 ... it was truly the "any given show anyone can win syndrome" ... Sky, Cabs, Hurcs, Rebels, Bucs, Roch all won shows that year ... beating each other along the way ...

:-)

andy you're right. sky came on in august and started to pull away. but nothing was decicded until DCA. a reall good year for all.

It’s slow, so I’m thinkin’ a story might be OK.

It’s 1975 and I’m a spectator and I’m really OK to be just that. Brother in Sky, I head up to UMASS to catch the show. Since I last marched in 68, now it’s mostly hanging out, talking to people and not being glued to a seat. I make my way to the top of the stands as the Skyliners take the field. Hawthorne had already been on and many young Cabs sat in the seats just below where I stood. Sky goes through their show and reaches if I recall correctly that traffic jam near the end and forms the famous company front into the push. All these young Cabs rise up as if they had seen this for the first time and you could feel the chill in the air. There they were applauding and saying and I quote, “That’s just friggin’ great”.

Old school by now, but always a thrill to see that particular move.

• Like 1

"Union City":

The show at "Little Rosy Stadium" in 1962 played out like this:

1. 88.50 Blessed Sacrament

2. 87.46 Garfield Cadets

3. 86.54 St Kevins Emerald Knights

4. 85.61 St Catherines Queensmen

5, 83.86 Our Lady of Loretto Knights

6. 83.00 Woodsiders

7. 81.20 St Patricks Cadets

8. 80.83 Bracken Cavaliers

9. 80.75 St Lucys Cadets

This was a GREAT "End of Season" show, and drew many big names from the region. Not only was St Catherines disbanded following the contest, but Loretto also.

Elphaba

Well to be honest it also helped that it was my home town corps and my family has been in the area since.... well been so dang long no one is sure. So adding to the history of Harrisburg, what ever use that is.... :ninja:

But..... often wonder what would have happened if I had known better and turned left onto Rt 39 to Hershey instead of right and Harrisburg and the West Shore of the Susquehanna....

You mean, if you had chosen the Hershey Highway instead of the road you chose?

Never sure that's a good question to ponder...

Actually, 1971 was way more competitive than 72 ... it was truly the "any given show anyone can win syndrome" ... Sky, Cabs, Hurcs, Rebels, Bucs, Roch all won shows that year ... beating each other along the way ...

:-)

Obviously I was out of town for both years, in fact I missed 1970 - 1974 (OK I saw 2 shows in 1974 - Hofstra Fog Bowl and the Wet Dream) but from what I've been told, while 1971 was more competitive corps to corps, the level of performance was greatest ever in '72.

You mean, if you had chosen the Hershey Highway instead of the road you chose?

Never sure that's a good question to ponder...

Well contrary to popular belief there was NOT a feeder corps to the Chocolatiers called the Hershey Squirts.... :wow:

It's difficult to believe that no one will post any additional colorful stories about the man in the middle. It's not like there are none from which to choose.

As Ray Fallon says, he did embody much swagger. I would add that applied off the field as well, and resulted in some notable moments.

Over to you, Andy Lisko and Ray Priester, standing by...

It's difficult to believe that no one will post any additional colorful stories about the man in the middle. It's not like there are none from which to choose.

As Ray Fallon says, he did embody much swagger. I would add that applied off the field as well, and resulted in some notable moments.

Over to you, Andy Lisko and Ray Priester, standing by...

i watched from the stands the 1972 DCA in roosevelt stadium. we had finished our show so we went up on the curve to watch the rest. and he was grat. all the moves he was making and the ### movements were incredible. he was ready for that finals. it was fun to watch him.

Hope you all have a very safe and Happy New Year!! Hugs!!

From our house to all of yours in Whooville!! :thumbs-up:

Donna and I are wishing you a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year!

th_1514079_709037702442829_1497589286_n.