And Don and his upstate friends should like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSTCpqdZHAA

i was a hairs breath away from joining phoenix. but it was not to be. my instructor colin campbell talked me out of it at dinner and beers one night. we were at strebs steak house. and he bought!!! how could i leave. i had a lot of friends in phoenix back then. we may heve been rivals but my friends were my friends.

Is there such a thing as going OT when we're already OT?

Our GW # 1 made the "50 Years of DCA History, A Corps Rebirth" promo video clip!

50 Years of DCA History, A Corps Rebirth

And Westshore didn't field a corps in 1973 and came back too.

And $100 for nothing Tony.... yep.... Our time table for getting a new Bichon keeps moving up. Started at new year and now at maybe Fall sometime. Plan to get a rescued one that is past the housebreaking stage. Bichons are so high maintenance with grooming and plucking ear hair every few weeks there are a couple of rescue groups in the northeast.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

And Westshore didn't field a corps in 1973 and came back too.

And $100 for nothing Tony.... yep.... Our time table for getting a new Bichon keeps moving up. Started at new year and now at maybe Fall sometime. Plan to get a rescued one that is past the housebreaking stage. Bichons are so high maintenance with grooming and plucking ear hair every few weeks there are a couple of rescue groups in the northeast.

Sadly there aren't many dog breeds that are also VERY low on shedding and dander..... With my respiratory needs that's the one thing that keeps us from owning many different types of pets.

Sadly there aren't many dog breeds that are also VERY low on shedding and dander..... With my respiratory needs that's the one thing that keeps us from owning many different types of pets.

Tony.....check your message.

• Like 1

"...shedding and dander."

Without getting anyone's dander up, can anybody shed any light on these guys?

http://www.sandpoint.com/oldphotos/oldphotos31.asp

Talk about "west of Staten Island"!

Thanks Frank, one I never heard of in my looking at old corps info. And the bus pic is a bonus given my membership in Antique Automobile Club of America (even before I discovered corps) and interest in old commercial vehicles.

And Tony long story on how we picked a Bichon. Wanted something small and wouldn't try to eat our old Siamese cat. I told Kris if she wanted a dog that bad she could pick one given the conditions. After a year checking she came up and said "I want a Bichon Friese". First thing out of my mouth was "What the Hell is a Bichon Friese?". Then she showed me what she found about temperment, etc and... yes honey great choice.

• Like 1

"...shedding and dander."

Without getting anyone's dander up, can anybody shed any light on these guys?

http://www.sandpoint.com/oldphotos/oldphotos31.asp

Talk about "west of Staten Island"!

That picture looks straight out of "A League of Their Own" and rightfully so, since I'm guessing there wasn't much competition for them at their Boise, Idaho convention.

If you arrow through, there's some great old pictures of their town during that period.

Sadly, that picture was most likely taken leading up to The Day of Infamy.

Edited by gsksun4

Apropos that, I've been in England for the past few weeks and there have been 2 main news items on the telly, the World Cup and D-Day.

I would love to know who this man is:

http://attic.areavoices.com/files/2012/06/dday4.jpg

He's a Yank paratrooper who jumped into Normandy that day 70 years ago, with a regulation Aman plastic bugle tucked just behind his belly chute. (Look closely to see the lead pipe, mouthpicce and part of the back crook protruding.)

The Brits still remember the significance of that day, as I discovered when I stood in a churchyard in Oxford last Saturday morning to sound "Last Post" and "Taps". People on the street just stopped and remained silent.

Do you think we could find out what became of this WWII bugler? He'd be in his 90s now.

• Like 1

Apropos that, I've been in England for the past few weeks and there have been 2 main news items on the telly, the World Cup and D-Day.

I would love to know who this man is:

http://attic.areavoices.com/files/2012/06/dday4.jpg

He's a Yank paratrooper who jumped into Normandy that day 70 years ago, with a regulation Aman plastic bugle tucked just behind his belly chute. (Look closely to see the lead pipe, mouthpicce and part of the back crook protruding.)

The Brits still remember the significance of that day, as I discovered when I stood in a churchyard in Oxford last Saturday morning to sound "Last Post" and "Taps". People on the street just stopped and remained silent.

Do you think we could find out what became of this WWII bugler? He'd be in his 90s now.

It's amazing what these guys went through and they all should be remembered for their bravery, determination and sacrifice. I recall watching the first 20 minutes of Saving Private Ryan and knew I would never think the same about war and freedom. Things we sometimes take for granted.

Edited by gsksun4
  • Like 1

It's amazing what these guys went through and they all should be remembered for their bravery, determination and sacrifice. I recall watching the first 20 minutes of Saving Private Ryan and knew I would never think the same about war and freedom. Things we sometimes take for granted.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/d-day-landing-sites-then-now-normandy-beaches-1944-70-years-later-1450286

On the subject of D-Day....check out these photos. And yes, Saving Pvt. Ryan is sobering!

• Like 3