ahhhhhhhh, it is he of minimal inseam again, kowtowing to my brudder Andy da drummer, accepting full blame for my clueless interlude......the young man on the left was known not only for instrumental prowess, but also for fitting his entire Lucy's uni in his horn case.......the young lady played many years with the Belles of St. Mary's, Archie, Hawthorne, among others and is a soprano solist in her own right... :w00t:

Guido

I can't believe I missed this guy right off after comparing notes with him over shots at that Secaucus AL Post in early 75.

Ironlips, this guy wailed that opening solo for the junior winner of the 68 AL Nats in New Orleans. You must have heard it. Ray, are you sure he did a stint with the NY Kingsmen? I'm pretty sure Wink brought him out front to show him off at a color guard contest on the Island to play William Tell Overture in 66.

Then there's that story of him and Ralph, Sky's bass drummer and that lumber yard........

Yes I'm sure. It was at a show in Pa. and as he got off the bus, Wink and Pepe tossed him from the corps. NYK were there for an exhibition at the show, so he walks over and introduces himself and learns the show while the qms are trying to outfit him with some sort of uniform. He didn't have black shoes with him so he marched in his socks. He marched with them that night. He may have even had a solo!

Yes I'm sure. It was at a show in Pa. and as he got off the bus, Wink and Pepe tossed him from the corps. NYK were there for an exhibition at the show, so he walks over and introduces himself and learns the show while the qms are trying to outfit him with some sort of uniform. He didn't have black shoes with him so he marched in his socks. He marched with them that night. He may have even had a solo!

So much talent, what a shame.

OK... I know the lady in the photo, but I don't know the guy.

OK... I know the lady in the photo, but I don't know the guy.

So Fran ... a lot of clues about him so far ... St. Lucy's and Sky are the key ... start your google engine!

:-)

So Fran ... a lot of clues about him so far ... St. Lucy's and Sky are the key ... start your google engine!

"Google Engine":

Don't know about that, but my Ozian crystal ball reveals a lady who was married to a horn instructor of the Connecticut Hurricanes, with whom she marched in their last DCA title year. Their marriage produced several "DrumCorps Brats" that went on to march with the Crossmen, Boston Crusaders and Blue Devils.

I believe that, in addition to the corps "Guido" mentioned earlier, she marched with the Sunrisers and Bushwackers.....

And lastly, the "Ball" reveals her "maiden name" to be the same as the "One beer to have, when you're having more than one".....

Elphaba

"Google Engine":

Don't know about that, but my Ozian crystal ball reveals a lady who was married to a horn instructor of the Connecticut Hurricanes, with whom she marched in their last DCA title year. Their marriage produced several "DrumCorps Brats" that went on to march with the Crossmen, Boston Crusaders and Blue Devils.

I believe that, in addition to the corps "Guido" mentioned earlier, she marched with the Sunrisers and Bushwackers.....

And lastly, the "Ball" reveals her "maiden name" to be the same as the "One beer to have, when you're having more than one".....

Elphaba

All well and fine Elphie ... now concentrate on the guy (who has to be named first) ... he was in Lucy's when you were in the Lancers ...

Edited by ajlisko

All well and fine Elphie ... now concentrate on the guy (who has to be named first) ... he was in Lucy's when you were in the Lancers ...

"Lets Hear it for the Guy":

I also know "Who" the "Guy" is. I remember him from indie shows in New York and Jersey, and his solo's for St Lucys. The "Name" however will not come from me, or my Ozian crystal ball.

The last time I "revealed" someone I was threatened with "Liquidation"....

Elphaba

"Google Engine":

Elphaba

ahhh, ok, i've fallon over my feet to figure out who she is

Ah, yes. I do remember him... and his St. Lucy's solos... and his brief Sky career... and his marching in his socks that day with the Kingsmen..... and the solo he played on that occasion. (The Army shirt had nothing to do with any of it. That was not in the cards for him.)

He was a Man of Many Talents...a savant, even.

Edited by ironlips