He was the Cru's "whipping boy"....

Ah Geez <$1 to Archie Bunker>, if you mean what I think it brought out one of Unca Larrys classic lines. Just before we go to Bucknell we had problems with people being late for practice and what to do about it (grump 'em out, fine 'em, leave them home for a show, etc). Then we go to Bucknell and Cru is doing "Jesus Christ Superstar" and a corps member is dressed like Christ is getting whipped during "Garden of Gethsemane" concert number. We must have gone on early as there are a bunch of Westshore sitting in the back stands watching. Larry stands up and sez "You think we're tough when you're late for practice.... at Rochester they whip you...". Yeah, nice and quiet during this part of the show, except for bunch of us trying not to laugh out loud.

Yeah... shortstop.. had a feeling you picked that for a reason.... :tongue:/>

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

Ah Geez <$1 to Archie Bunker>, if you mean what I think it brought out one of Unca Larrys classic lines. Just before we go to Bucknell we had problems with people being late for practice and what to do about it (grump 'em out, fine 'em, leave them home for a show, etc). Then we go to Bucknell and Cru is doing "Jesus Christ Superstar" and a corps member is dressed like Christ is getting whipped during "Garden of Gethsemane" concert number. We must have gone on early as there are a bunch of Westshore sitting in the back stands watching. Larry stands up and sez "You think we're tough when you're late for practice.... at Rochester they whip you...". Yeah, nice and quiet during this part of the show, except for bunch of us trying not to laugh out loud.

One of the shows that summer, when Sun and Cru were in the lineup, a guy in our horn line came back to the buses after watching the Crusaders' performance... swearing that he would never watch them again, because they beat Christ on the field. :tongue:

Yeah... shortstop.. had a feeling you picked that for a reason.... :tongue:/>/>

:devil:

One of the shows that summer, when Sun and Cru were in the lineup, a guy in our horn line came back to the buses after watching the Crusaders' performance... swearing that he would never watch them again, because they beat Christ on the field. :tongue:/>

Yeah..there were a lot of really bad jokes that season about that!

Yeah... shortstop.. had a feeling you picked that for a reason.... :tongue:/>/>

ok...missed the "+" button, and it went "-" on me....(note to self...put glasses on before using mouse)

ok...missed the "+" button, and it went "-" on me....(note to self...put glasses on before using mouse)

I wonder who I "offended"... :tongue:/>

Can't remember why, but we got the feeling that people around us were upset with that bit of "visual" but only time that I saw it IIRC. That's why we were REALLY trying not to laugh out loud as people would be offended at us. Yeah Larry, you want us to keep a clean image and not PO anyone as we claw our way up the ladder.... then you crank out THAT line... :blink:/>

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Yeah... shortstop.. had a feeling you picked that for a reason.... tongue.gif/>

in our drum line if you were late or missed rehearsal. you didn't march that weekend. it never happened to me.

One of the shows that summer, when Sun and Cru were in the lineup, a guy in our horn line came back to the buses after watching the Crusaders' performance... swearing that he would never watch them again, because they beat Christ on the field. tongue.gif

yes we did. but we had trouble beating you...........tongue.gif

LOL.... I "neutralized" your "-" with a "+"... thumbup.gif

• Like 1

yes we did. but we had trouble beating you...........tongue.gif

Your welcome... devil.gif