... beyond ancestry.com, I've know several folks that went over to Ireland with only a family name and home/originating town and the history of generations of their family lineage was revealed to them ... JUST DO IT Ray

:-)

So the new folks know who's up...

Please Read Before You Post

If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)
If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.
When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.
Please submit any questions and / or pics in their full size (preferably JPG format), with full description - names, Corps, Stadium, Year... etc. to:
The *Guess Who* Mailbox
Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way..
Guess Who # 513 ?

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3675/12659273114_db96cfe679_o.jpg

It was a silly throwaway on the word "italics" - shouldn't have wasted the time.

It's great to know family history like that.

My mom and dad came over from Ireland, but we don't know too much before them - they were always Irish and probably never moved more than a few miles from Longford or Sligo, respectively, but they met in NY.

I've often wished to have a real in-depth history or genealogy, but mostly I'm content to have known the two of them, plus my dad's mom (my grandmother) for a few years (she was 81 when I was born in 1951 - stuck around to 97) and a couple of whacky aunts from the old country that would visit a little when they got into their 70s or so.

I know I'm Irish - don't know a hell of a lot more than that though. Oh, and from New York.

OT; (like that's new. LOL)

Maybe because of my health, a few years ago I opened a "MyHeritage.com" (http://www.myheritage.com/) account and asked the family members I do know if they would help put our family tree together. I have one cousin (on my mother's side) that had done an extensive search of my family and with the help of several other family members we've also been able to put together quite a bit of family genealogy on my dad's side. Donna's family was a little easier as she already knew and remembered a lot of her family background and details. Still a work in progress and quite interesting to learn about one's family and where we came from...

... beyond ancestry.com, I've know several folks that went over to Ireland with only a family name and home/originating town and the history of generations of their family lineage was revealed to them ... JUST DO IT Ray

:-)

My crazy Aunt Lil, who was the spitting image of her sister, my mother (Mary Kate O'Reilly from Longford, Ireland) sent me a letter once when I was in Viet Nam - can't quote it any more but it read about like this:

"Sure, Raymond... if you get tired of that nasty old war over there, why not come and live with us back in the old country? It's quiet and the weather is much nicer...."

Loved my aunt, but I'm not sure she completely understood some of the niceties such as "Courts Martial" or "Desertion in a time of war" ...

You may have guessed I didn't take her up on the offer.

I would love to make the trip just to bump into the dozens of cousins, but I don't drink beer - can't imagine what else is going on over there.

• Like 1

Ray, check out ancestry.com if you're that interested.

Or this: http://www.houseofnames.com/fallon-family-crest

See Glen - I think you hit the head - I'm interested.

I just don't think I'm "That Interested"

My mom & dad have been gone for 15 and 12 years respectively.

I think at 62 that I may be content with knowing what I know about the Fallons and O'Reillys.

Not sure what surprises are in store if I check further back...

I don't see Jimmy Fallon inviting me on the Tonight Show any time soon...

• Like 1

I think at 62 that I may be content with knowing what I know about the Fallons and O'Reillys.

My sisters did a little family search a few years back and found that we are distant cousins(3rd or 4th) to the Baldwin family ( Alec, etc..), probably a few generations back on my Dad's mother's side of the family.

My sisters did a little family search a few years back and found that we are distant cousins(3rd or 4th) to the Baldwin family ( Alec, etc..), probably a few generations back on my Dad's mother's side of the family.

my bothers and sister's along with me all know our family history going back some 300 years. it was taught to us at early ages. we know the names the places and the time frame. it's a Sicilian thing i guess. i even have a pic of the boat my grandfather came over on. pretty amazing stuff. i also have have palm pistol my dad had to take away from him one night cause he was going to kill his cousin. some real crazy #### man.

Edited by donincardona
  • Like 3

Maybe not the Tonight Show but there's a famous O'Reilly from Long Island you could hook up with....you're probably related...

• Like 1

Maybe not the Tonight Show but there's a famous O'Reilly from Long Island you could hook up with....you're probably related...

Do you mean that idiot Bill O'Reilly from "The O'Reilly Factor"???

I went to High School with him at Chaminade.

I always laugh at him talking about growing up in the "mean streets" of Levittown LI.

Cookie Kamerdin went to school there too (from Sun - American in Paris soloist at the same time.

I used to feel embarrassed that he was an O'Reilly - of course he got into Harvard and I went to the USAF after a year of St John's, so I guess if he says I'm the idiot you can believe whom you wish to believe.