Picturing Ray with the dogapult doing Underdog.. "There's no need to fear.." *whoosh* as dogapult is released.....

Eh my wife would be using the husbandapult on my sorry butt for thinking of it....

Hmmm...how about a snowapult towards the neighbors yard. :ninja:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Picturing Ray with the dogapult doing Underdog.. "There's no need to fear.." *whoosh* as dogapult is released.....

Eh my wife would be using the husbandapult on my sorry butt for thinking of it....

C'mon... you hear the giant S P R O I N G as the dogapult releases, then the little urchin sailing through the sky, heading toward the pool...

You know you want to...

Please send our best wishes for Krista's Birthday!!! Here's to MANY, MANY more!! :thumbs-up:

• Like 2

C'mon... you hear the giant S P R O I N G as the dogapult releases, then the little urchin sailing through the sky, heading toward the pool...

You know you want to...

Gotta problem... can't find the dog in the snow.... (see avatar)

Yeah, got to be a dog lover.... single digits and outside making sure the dog doesn't find a way out of the fence or stuck on the snow crust in the backyard drop off (freaking way they leveled off our street).

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I hesitate to pull us OT, except for the fact that we haven't had any T to be pulled O of.

I was listening to one of the seminal albums for people my age, "Revolver" by the Beatles.

Like any pseudo brass person, I was focusing on the french horn solo in "For No One" ... (always liked that solo).

There was no wiki anything when I was 15, so I could never look up anything about who wrote what, who played what, so I went and looked it up on "The Beatles' Bible" webpage - interesting...

OK, so why am I posting this stream of semi consciousness here? After the basic article, which was pretty good, listed the names of all the players, and some details, I read some of the forum comments and thought I was reading DCP (other threads of course)

The poster "Happiness is a warm gun" wrote:

"I think this is a well-written song, but that french horn solo, Ugh. With all due respect to Mr. Civil [my note - the British musician that played the horn solo]. it was a bad call. It just doesn't mesh with the arrangement, IMO, with the stripped down instrumentation centered around the piano/clavichord part. It just sounds stuffy and incongruous. But then again, as a classically trained musician, my loathing for the french horn is highly refined and extensive. I confess a bias."

Is it just me? How often do we get that "classically trained musician" (by the way, aren't almost all musicians "classically trained"? How many people were taught from scratch by Bucky Swan or Pepe Notaro? And even those folks probably used the Arbans Method - just like the "classically trained" ones.).

What makes folks post stuff like this? Do they think we're all in awe of their general incredibleness?

OK, all done here... hope Tom is enjoying the cruise... hope Andy is getting his voice ready for the I&E season...

I'm a drum corps trained musician, and you know how i feel about the G-D slip slide french horn, especially the Ludwig.

Edited by rayfallon
  • Like 1

Ya know, whenever I listen to Eleanor Rigby I see Blessed Sac at the Dream.

Can't help myself.

What a loser...

Wish I had been classically trained so I could have a well honed disdain for all this mundane music.

I don't know if there's a direct connection between the Psycho soundtrack and Rigby, other than that both were scored for strings, exclusively.

That's highly unusual for movie scores and rock tunes. Perhaps George Martin was inspired by Hitchcock. After all, the production choices on those Beatles albums were his call.

It says Martin was inspired by the Bernard Herrmann film score, but WIKI is what it is, not written in stone.

I listened to both and can hear what they mean. It's actually a little strange, but it worked.

I find it interesting how the Beatles progressed during that period, not only experimenting with drugs, but with recording methods as well.