I don't know, Jim.... I'm not sure anybody would want to use the DNA that's been exposed on this thread.

Think about the result.... A neanderthal with a drumstick in one hand and a beer can in the other, with a contra strapped to his back. And he'd probably be complaining about how much better things were back in the Pleistocene Age.

No...!! Wait...!! That's me - TODAY!!!

You were describing me up to the contra part. I have an aversion to contras. For the last three years of my playing days I was the end snare in the line. (Short guys on one end, us tall folk on the other.) It seemed like I spent half of the drill listening to something resembling the 3:05 from Baltimore coming into the station in my left ear while trying to hear the rest of the snare line from the right ear. Whoever thinks “center snares” are the hotshots never had to play next to Bill Cook and his chrome toilet.

You were describing me up to the contra part. I have an aversion to contras. For the last three years of my playing days I was the end snare in the line. (Short guys on one end, us tall folk on the other.) It seemed like I spent half of the drill listening to something resembling the 3:05 from Baltimore coming into the station in my left ear while trying to hear the rest of the snare line from the right ear. Whoever thinks “center snares” are the hotshots never had to play next to Bill Cook and his chrome toilet.

Jim,

I forwarded your comment to my old Bucs contra and HS marching band buddy Bill Cook:-)!

He'll get a kick out of it.

Donnie

Edited by donbucs

Doesen't look tall enough but I'll give Ralph Silverbrand a shot.

Bobby Thompson, Chuck Bishop??

Bobby Thompson, Chuck Bishop??

i'll say chuck bishop. i should have said that in my earlier post. now i'm a copy cat

i'll say chuck bishop. i should have said that in my earlier post. now i'm a copy cat

If we're right I"ll split the prize with you :tongue:

PS Off to Alumni practice :cool:

Jim,

I forwarded your comment to my old Bucs contra and HS marching band buddy Bill Cook:-)!

He'll get a kick out of it.

Donnie

If'n I remember correctly, Cookie was one of the back of the bus guys, with yours truly, Roy Miller, Angie, Dick Dunsky (I just know I butchered that spelling, sorry Dick), and others. Tell him I said hello. But then, maybe he, like you, won't remember me.

"Guess Who #43

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3077/235680...4fce9f67c_o.jpg

http://tinyurl.com/3bkxq3"

No, it's not Chuck Bishop. In 1966, Chuck was still major of the Muchachos, and didn't come to the Cabs until 1968.

As Andy said, his name is Bob. I believe the reason he was in that photo is because the Cabs' Color Guard Captain, Frank Latella had passed out at the end of our show, and Bob was asked to take over for Frank on retreat. (There is a thread from Nanci with the article and pictures that this came from elsewhere, as well as a photo that shows Frank being attended to in the First Aid area.)

He and his brother were both former Garfield (actually Holy Name) Cadets before coming to Hawthorne, and they are both still marching in our Alumni drum section.

Recap:

He and his brother are still marching in the drum section of Cabs Alumni.

His name is Bob.

(Thanx to Ponzo - I'm singing again. ugh)

Andy and John know who he is and are giving a little help for you folks to figure it out.

Bob who?

It's interesting how the sands of time dull our memories.