Nanci,

Maybe you can start the "CHICAGO IN THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME" petition. Can you believe that they are not in it? That concert DVD is awesome (with EWF) and there's another band that should be in the RnR HOF.

Now, that is more than funny to me... I have a shirt that says, "Anyone but Dallas".

I'm afraid... I can't pay much attention to this thread right now... I'm thorouoghly involved in a DVD of Earth Wind and Fire and a combined concert with Chicago!!! Besides Drum Corps does it get any better that this?? OMG!!!

Sorry.... but.... those Rolling Stones... can't come close to comparing....

They need to know that their performance time is up...

I'm just sayin'...

To coming close to this

GIMME A HORN SECTION THAT ROCKS!!! And .... well... *After the love is gone...*

Keep the horn section rockin and...* Gimme, Hearts of fire ....*

OMG!! I was SO afraid to see / hear disappointment.... I ain't seen / heard none yet.

This is unbelievable.. I thought for sure Phil Bailey would *frack here or there and he didn't!!!

WOW!

I'll be back.... this is awesome and Chicago hasn't really hit the stage yet. :tongue:

I caught a Chicago tribute band called "Transit Authority", a few years back, while in Florida. They are from the Twin Cities area, but do travel the country. Thay have a horn section that is excellent. The bone player is a Univ of Wisc. grad. If you see them in your area, try to catch their show. I got to talk to them, & a nice bunch of guys too.

Now, that is more than funny to me... I have a shirt that says, "Anyone but Dallas".

I'm afraid... I can't pay much attention to this thread right now... I'm thorouoghly involved in a DVD of Earth Wind and Fire and a combined concert with Chicago!!! Besides Drum Corps does it get any better that this?? OMG!!!

Sorry.... but.... those Rolling Stones... can't come close to comparing....

They need to know that their performance time is up...

I'm just sayin'...

To coming close to this

GIMME A HORN SECTION THAT ROCKS!!! And .... well... *After the love is gone...*

Keep the horn section rockin and...* Gimme, Hearts of fire ....*

OMG!! I was SO afraid to see / hear disappointment.... I ain't seen / heard none yet.

This is unbelievable.. I thought for sure Phil Bailey would *frack here or there and he didn't!!!

WOW!

I'll be back.... this is awesome and Chicago hasn't really hit the stage yet. :tongue:

YIKES!!! ... this is better than Meg Ryan's fake orgasm in When Harry Met Sally !!!!

:-)

Two bands that were way way ahead of their time. Two of my favorites. I used to play Fanticy over the PA system at band camp to wake the kids up. Fanticy, did I spell that wright?

To you and Linda and anyone else that was paying attn. to my OT concert comments...

I'm sad to report that Chicago was a bit off...

Just a few thoughts before I post the next feature for you..

Their songs and music are timeless classics!!

Their lead replacement singer is phenomenal!!

Their hornline is as always... they ROCK!!

All their musicians were great... But,

I can't recall the guys' name... the one that they credit as their writer arranger...

He does a great job as a musician and as a writer... BUT

IMO...He needs to stay away from the mic. (or sing with the Rolling Stones Geritol Tour)

His singing is my main complaint. Otherwise, it was an excellent evening had by all of us: me, Ron and the 2 fur balls.

Ok, now back to our show....

Nanci,

Maybe you can start the "CHICAGO IN THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME" petition. Can you believe that they are not in it? That concert DVD is awesome (with EWF) and there's another band that should be in the RnR HOF.

I once had ALL of Chicago's albums starting with CTA up to Twenty 1. Hard to believe they're not in the R&RHOF.

But then I 've always thought the Steve Miller Band should get some consideration too?

OK -back to guessing

Go Birds!

Nanci,

They aren't???? How the heck can that be?

Unfortunately, I don't think I can pull it off... heck, I've been trying to get Wes Hobby in *our* HoF for a long time now....

sigh...

I caught a Chicago tribute band called "Transit Authority", a few years back, while in Florida. They are from the Twin Cities area, but do travel the country. Thay have a horn section that is excellent. The bone player is a Univ of Wisc. grad. If you see them in your area, try to catch their show. I got to talk to them, & a nice bunch of guys too.

Thanx for this info Ron... I just looked them up on the WWW and Wow!!

Ron, that's how they started out.

Joe