OMG Could We Have Been So Young?

So were you fearful that if you spilled cream on your mustache the cats would like it off?

One of the reasons we called him Snow was that he could barely grow a mustache!

And I'm certain you meant to write lick.

By the way - this Center of Drum Corps thing - no city anywhere, anytime had more competing corps than NYC in the sixties and early seventies. There were more than 20. I could name them all but that's like a whole other Topic.

Puppet

Okay, who remembers tour in '78?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amAx4UnjJtk

Funny. I don't recall you seeing you at "the apartment" at the back of the VK bus.... :whip:

By the way - this Center of Drum Corps thing - no city anywhere, anytime had more competing corps than NYC in the sixties and early seventies. There were more than 20. I could name them all but that's like a whole other Topic.

Puppet

Yes, but Wisconsin is the state that's known for it.

Scouts, Kilts, Racine Scouts, Blue Stars, Capitol Sound, Twilight Knights, Chippewa Valley Brigade, Americanos, Capitalaires, Kilties Jr, Kiltie Kadets, Knights of Pythias, Holy Name Cadets, YMCA and Kiwanis Kilties, Knights of Columbus, St Lucy's Girls, Sons of Veterans, Skokie Indians, Boys of 76, Zephyrs, Celtic Cadets, 32nd Hussar, Ambassadears (Racine), Ambassadors (Hurley), Bangor Falcons, And the Black Hawks.

I think that's more than 20.

Scouts, Kilts, Racine Scouts, Blue Stars, Capitol Sound, Twilight Knights, Chippewa Valley Brigade, Americanos, Capitalaires, Kilties Jr, Kiltie Kadets, Knights of Pythias, Holy Name Cadets, YMCA and Kiwanis Kilties, Knights of Columbus, St Lucy's Girls, Sons of Veterans, Skokie Indians, Boys of 76, Zephyrs, Celtic Cadets, 32nd Hussar, Ambassadears (Racine), Ambassadors (Hurley), Bangor Falcons, And the Black Hawks.

OK. You suckered me in. First, I was speaking of M&M class "A" corps of the time. Not feeder or parade corps. Second, I was only taking about one (1) city. If I named all those who marched in one form or another well, never mind.

But here's a small sample:

Saturday July 29, 1967

Buffalo NY New York State American Legion Championships

STADIUM: War Memorial Stadium

Position Corps Score

DIVISION JR

1 St. Joseph's of Batavia 84.460

2 Bronx Kingsmen 82.930

3 Magnificent Yankees 81.310

4 St. Joseph Patron Cadets 78.610

5 OLC Ramblers 75.510

6 Appleknockers 75.360

7 Emerald Statesmen 75.010

8 Dynamic Duo 71.780

9 Poughkeepsie Pacers 71.010

10 CMCC Warriors 70.580

11 Grenadiers 59.160

12 Castlemen 58.360

13 Speigleaires 56.280

14 Oceanside Legionaires 54.680

15 Manhattanaires 54.550

16 Mello-Dears 53.680

17 Barons of Steuben 52.450

18 Queenaires 50.500

19 Squires 43.150

20 Tri-Town Cadets 41.810

I'm only saying.

Puppet

Edited by Puppet

Thanks fixed it. I'm going for the rented fingers as the excuse for the error.

OOO! Do Kansas now! :worthy:

were you thinking the "Dust in the Wind" kind of Kansas, or all the corps that have gone away in Kansas ?

In the 60's, if you included up-state NY with NYC, there were quite a few. Also, Jersey was no slouch either. Remember, Long Island alone had a drum corps practically in every other fire department for parades, and every town had a fire department.

Edited by gsksun4

were you thinking the "Dust in the Wind" kind of Kansas, or all the corps that have gone away in Kansas ?

corps from Kansas. I don't want to hear anyone singing "Dust in the Wind".