OMG Could We Have Been So Young?

My first winter '74, I was the only guy in a guard of 18.

You poor, poor soul.

:rolleyes:

Garry in Vegas

Here's a pic from after CYO in 75. My mom and little sister surprised me on tour by showing up at the show. They took a Greyhound bus from Southern California all the way to Boston to see me on tour!

scan0001.jpg

Left to right is my sister Karin (she joined BD the next year, marched 4 years and was one of the guard captains her last year), me, Yvonne Uhauld and I can't remember the last gals name, but she marched in the rifle line.

scan0003.jpg

These are the 'imports' in the BD guard in 75. From left to right, Brenda Markham and I came all the way from Southern California, I can't remember the next girls name, but she was from the west coast somewhere, and Kathy Bacon from Washington state.

I was in westshoremen with Kathy Bacon,1991,92and 96!

I was in westshoremen with Kathy Bacon,1991,92and 96!

Knew Kathy from late 70s also... Last time I saw her was driving across a bridge in Harrisburg and a car with a vanity plate referring to the Blue Devils (forget exact letters) went by. Yep, Kathy was driving...

Have a problem with the PC I am currently using as I cannot see the enclosed pics. All I see is empty space with an 'x' instead of the pics. Any of you Internet/IE gurus know what setting to change so I can see the pics. Have same problem at home with the new Highspeed connection.

Knew Kathy from late 70s also... Last time I saw her was driving across a bridge in Harrisburg and a car with a vanity plate referring to the Blue Devils (forget exact letters) went by. Yep, Kathy was driving...

Have a problem with the PC I am currently using as I cannot see the enclosed pics. All I see is empty space with an 'x' instead of the pics. Any of you Internet/IE gurus know what setting to change so I can see the pics. Have same problem at home with the new Highspeed connection.

I heard that Kathy was marching winter guard until just a couple of years ago. She also ice skates and from what I hear is still skinny! I'd love to touch base with her if anyone sees her...

• 4 weeks later...

1972 program, 1971 Scarborough Princemen, same group; 5 name changes from 1961 – 1975 and if you include Seneca Optimists, 6 name changes from 1961 – 1978.

1972-princemen.jpg

Last year I sent this to Nancy G and asked if the flag was she. She replied, “No, that’s my sister Susan G”. There was also Nancy M and Susan D, Linda H and Linda P; I’ve recently looked at this closely and it’s possible that I found me..oh my…

1972 program, 1971 Scarborough Princemen, same group; 5 name changes from 1961 – 1975 and if you include Seneca Optimists, 6 name changes from 1961 – 1978.

1972-princemen.jpg

Last year I sent this to Nancy G and asked if the flag was she. She replied, “No, that’s my sister Susan G”. There was also Nancy M and Susan D, Linda H and Linda P; I’ve recently looked at this closely and it’s possible that I found me..oh my…

Man, those flag poles look like they're 8' tall! Or are the girls just really short? I remember marching with 7' poles!

Man, those flag poles look like they're 8' tall! Or are the girls just really short? I remember marching with 7' poles!

I think those are just BFP Honey. :thumbdown:

I was captain in 71, shako lady behind the Nationals, one of the oldest in guard at 15 and a towering 5’2”. Far left is Susan, 2 years younger, 10+ lbs lighter and 5’ tall. Mathematically speaking, I’m guesstimating the poles were 7 1/2 feet. When the wind picked up, the poles felt like 7 tons but that a physics story.

My 71 summer jobs were day camp counselor for 18 8 year old boys from the inner city, taught our feeder corps Sparkies and drum corps contests weekends; continued as camp counselor for 2 more years and taught drum corps or guard for 10, both rewarding experiences. However, drum corps on weekends was the icing on the cake, ‘cause I really liked audience applause.

April 72, I was DM; recently found my 72 schedule; June 3 first contest in Scarborough, June 17 Bowling Green, June 18 Urbana Ohio, we came in 4th of 5, i won best dm, June 24 Brantford show canceled due to hurricane Agnes, in July/August, 4 of 12 scheduled contest were canceled or no go including Whitewater, Sept 2 Hamilton, Sept 3 Toronto. I received my 1972 Whitewater DVD, watched a few times and want to say, thank you so much.

That’s the long and short of it :-)