OMG Could We Have Been So Young?

1969-1970 Toronto. Debbie and I in grade 9 (class size 35; high school 2,500+ students and no marching band?). I asked Mom, ‘Can I go to Woodstock, New York for the big concert? Joni Mitchell’s supposed to be there.” She said, “No, too young”. So I stayed in drum corps. We bugged our younger brothers to join, others brought their sisters and/or brothers, cousins, friends, parents were helping out.

1969school-a.jpg

Fast forward to 2007. The principal of the school was talking about demographic bubbles, large groups of kids of an age going through the system together. They call us ‘baby boomers’? Big bubble.

Used to roll up our skirts when we got to school and voila a mini…forgot to roll my skirt down before the photo…oops…tried to hide the photo from Mom but…

Here are some of the young women from St. Rita's Color Guard at a rehearsal.

GuardInRepose.jpg

The girl on the right has a slight resemblance to one of our younger members of 1977. 2 girls, different decades, maybe born in cities over 2,000 miles apart. Seems that drum corps people from all over the world and from many decades can relate to each other. Happy Thanksgiving. :)

1977-guard.jpg

1983 Glassmen cymbal line

dc9.jpg

Sweet!!! I love those uniforms!!

I see that you marched with the Kingsmen from 76-78. Does Andre mean anthing to you?

The 50 year-old virgin means the world to me....why? b**bs

You know that he was the Glassmen Dm. Do you happen to know Mark Mason?

Mark & Chris....yup. Do you know them too?

Mark & Chris....yup. Do you know them too?

Yes I do. I marched with Andre when he was with the Glassmen. And Mark Mason is also a Glassmen Alum. 1976 the Glassmen went inactive. In 1979 Mark Mason and a handfull of other Glassmen alum called the Glassmen back home and many answered the call. Andre was one of them. The Kingsmen's influence is real. Just look at what the guard is doing in the middle of the field.

Thank you Bayonne Bridgemen. We did the fall down once in 1977 in England and it was fun. Check out Part II and scroll down a bit. :)

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...&hl=alberta

Edit: Just realized there is alot of blue and orange on this page. Nice.

Edited by lindap