OMG Could We Have Been So Young?

DCI 1979? Blue Devils practice

Top: Sandy Kleinman, Cindy Marvelli & me

79or80BlueDevilsDCIpractice.jpg

Middle: 3 gals I had taught in BDB- I can't remember gal on left, Sondra O'Guinn & Beth Doebler

Vicki

What great "memory photos." That is how I remember drum corps... (and if someone says "yea, standing around admiring the BD guard, well we were all guilty of that)

Princemen

Princemenaround1969.jpg

I just got and idea.......horn case coffee tables. Think it will fly?

Ben

Edited by Ben Martinez

I was approached by an instructor of 2nd. Brighton Scout Band, "The Marching Ambassadors", with respect to obtaining my address. He had sent a lovely letter asking how to obtain North American drum corps equipment and starting a full colour guard. I do hope I replied, simply cannot remember.

Whether you replied or not, something went right for them. The 2nd Brighton were, IMHO, the best of the early UK drum corps but never won a championship until 1984, the year after they broke from the scout movement and became the Imperial Knights.

Brighton has supported it's share of succesful drum corps and colour guards through the years.

Edited by migs

and it was better...My favorite are the hippos with the tutu's :P

hur hur hur hur....or the lightening bolts coming off of Mickey's wand....oh wow!!!! B)

I am in awe of many of these posts. Wow.

A small tribute and thanks to all the non-performing members of the team, administration, arrangers, bus drivers, chaperones, directors, equipment handlers, food and kitchen staff, instructors, parents, truck drivers and related staff that support a drum corps.

Our chaperones wore orange and white when traveling with Alberta All Girls. One of our chaperones aka mother tucker outside Dover Castle, England, 1977, helping us get ready for another performance, 4 castle shows in one day, if I recall. :)

1977-aag-2-a.jpg

Fantasia? mickey and the maestro

I knoooowwww, and like that maestro guy as really old too....