OMG Could We Have Been So Young?

I love women in boots!

I always hated these shots because I loathed the short skirts. Just never had the legs for 'em. But here they are:

(1979 university guard uniform)

sueue.jpeg

(1980 university guard; I'm second from the left, front row)

ueguard.jpeg

Edited by byline

....In 1973 Wally, Kevin Flynn & I roomed together in Lexington, KY at the Bluegrass Invitational. After a couple of days of rehearsal the dorms were a bit to comfortable and we all overslept.

No #### Dale - you were one of them? :rolleyes:

I went to Dave DiTommaso's 50th a few weeks back, and wrote a brief (5 page) narrative on our first year together in the corps. I tried to capture some of the events that formed our friendship - and the fears we shared of Ike and Buck.

I remembered that someone was late for our 7am rehearsal - I distinctly remember Ike screaming at Billy Ronayne, asking where the people were.....we stood at attention for a long time.

I did think one of the culprits was Kevin, but I had totally forgotten who else was late. True confessions - 34 years later !

I see that you marched with the Kingsmen from 76-78. Does Andre mean anthing to you?

I remember Andre !! :mat:

He was Glassmen Drum Major in the mid 70's right ? :rolleyes:

He was quite the showman if I remember correctly. :rolleyes:

Edited by ODBC

I remember Andre !! :mat:

He was Glassmen Drum Major in the mid 70's right ? :rolleyes:

He was quite the showman from what I remember correctly. :rolleyes:

There was a fellow named Andre who worked with Oakland's guard, doing cleaning, in 1978. Would that be the same person?

You're probably referring to John Martin? The Reveries performed at the annual turnaround of Old Ironsides. We also performed aboard an aircraft carrier, the U.S.S. Wasp. The thing was huge! After our performance, the captain of the carrier said to the director of our corps, "Nice band!" Al looked at him and said, "Nice boat!" :mat:

:rolleyes:

Nope, John "Tiny" Mauro knows to whom I am refering...don't you :rolleyes:

There was a fellow named Andre who worked with Oakland's guard, doing cleaning, in 1978. Would that be the same person?

You could be right. Andre is a person of color. Also I do know that some Glassmen went to Oakland when the Glassmen went inactive in 76. Bob Brady was one that I know for sure that went to Oakland. As for others I can not say for sure.

Odbc you are correct on all accounts. I would like to see some pictures from The Dutch Boy Cadets from back in the day. For that matter I would really like to see pictures from all Canadan Corps. The Glassmen made many trips to Canada back in the day. I do have a picture or two from Canada but I do not know where they were taken. But you can see the Canadan Flag in the back ground. There were some very powerfull all Girls Corps from Canada.

Could it be me?? :mat:

If so, I've never seen the picture!

We were all pretty baby-faced...

QUOTE (A27Lancer @ Nov 28 2007, 04:14 PM)

You're probably referring to John Martin? The Reveries performed at the annual turnaround of Old Ironsides. We also performed aboard an aircraft carrier, the U.S.S. Wasp. The thing was huge! After our performance, the captain of the carrier said to the director of our corps, "Nice band!" Al looked at him and said, "Nice boat!"

Hey James, I don't think that Mike realizes that John "Tiny" Mauro's full name is John Martin Mauro. When you said John Martin (as we would call him when he was in trouble), Mike said, no, John Mauro.

One in the same, or perhaps, more like his schizophrenic self :mat:

Could it be me?? :tounge2:

If so, I've never seen the picture!

We were all pretty baby-faced...

Go here for Reveries and U.S.S. Constitution photos.Reveries photos

Hey James, I don't think that Mike realizes that John "Tiny" Mauro's full name is John Martin Mauro. When you said John Martin (as we would call him when he was in trouble), Mike said, no, John Mauro.

One in the same, or perhaps, more like his schizophrenic self :tounge2:

I guess I figured that out. I remember Alice Mauro giving that look and saying, "JOHN MARTIN!!".

RIP Alice and Arthur. Two great people who gave their all to the Reveries and Lancers.

All Dcp'ers - if you haven't followed Steve's thread to the pictures of the Reveries, please do. This is a priceless collection of historical photos that chronicle not just the roots of the North Star and 27th Lancers, but a pictorial of a corps that was great in its own right. The corps was small and young, but the talent was immense. Many members went on to North Star, 27th, Blue Devils, and many other world contenders. We were street kids doin' good. Thanks for the memories, Steve!

Edited by A27Lancer