OMG Could We Have Been So Young?

Thank you for posting the pic of the 1972 Glassmen. That is a very rare picture. If only we could have that pic for the Glassmen Archives.

Anyways, I would really like for you to post some of the old Canadan Corps pics for all of us to see.

PM me and I'll arrange to send the original scan your way. (My Controls > Compose New Message > lindap)

As for the Canadian corps photos, I would have to ask the photographer, might be later, getting a cold... ah... ah... choo. Excuse me. :laughing:

• 2 weeks later...

Debbie G., 1974 Alberta All Girls snare drummer requested to know which corps they practised with. This would be 1974 and somewhere either in Wisconsin or in or near Ithaca, New York, August 1974. Can someone identify which corps the girls practised with? Then I'll let Debbie G. know. She has fond memories of this. Thanks. :tongue:

1974-pic-2.jpg

1974-pic-3.jpg

Edited by lindap

WOW, I guess the girls carried those tymps, huh?

Dang! dudes today are too weak...

1974-pic-2.jpg

Debbie G., 1974 Alberta All Girls snare drummer requested to know which corps they practised with. This would be 1974 and somewhere either in Wisconsin or in or near Ithaca, New York, August 1974. Can someone identify which corps the girls practised with? Then I'll let Debbie G. know. She has fond memories of this. Thanks. :ph34r:

1974-pic-2.jpg

1974-pic-3.jpg

That was an awesome day...that would be SCV!!! :satisfied:

The picture that Lee Doebler posted of herself from her pre Blue Devils days should give all you guys some idea of what my '75 thru '77 summers were like. I believe it was '75 when she and fellow rifle Katie McLaughlin sat on the 'Oh four' seats right in front of me. A pretty lady can always make an event more enjoyable, and there were two. Add the entertainment factor provided by Kevin Davis and we had a good time.

Lee, do you have any pictures of the inside of our bus? Any of me?

Wish I did. I can't find them. Yet...

Horn players/guard impersonators 1979. I'm on the right. :tongue:

8-SLRK_OS_OR_GR.jpg

:whistle: Fun photo with fun guys but with rehearsals, travel, stay wth your group of 4 rule and strict curfew, couldn't stay and chat. Sigh.

Edit: I'm still looking for some more of my photos too. If none, I'll ask around for more.

Edited by lindap

WOW, I guess the girls carried those tymps, huh?

Dang! dudes today are too weak...

I'm remembering 1977 only. The tymps were usually our pit. We carried tymps where necessary or for effect. All other drums were carried. I wish the drummers could tell you. I'm the messenger.

Edited by lindap

Thanks. I'll let Debbie know but it's the holidays, later. Um, I have 2 more photos fom Debbie, bells and bass, not sure, kinda shy.

I remember meeting the cymbal line...they were all intense and we were all laid back...funny, how public and professional persona's are so different. :shutup: