OMG Could We Have Been So Young?

The picture that Lee Doebler posted of herself from her pre Blue Devils days should give all you guys some idea of what my '75 thru '77 summers were like.......

Women....always a distraction.....a wonderful distraction, but always a distraction......and, if anyone from another corps ever went near OUR women - there was war !

I didn't know Tuvok carried a rifle!

You can't spin a phaser pistol.

Garry in Vegas

Glassmen 75 somewhere in Canada

dc11.jpg

Thanks Dean!!!! That would be me carrying the "BIG" bass, "Big Bertha"!!!! :laughing: Oh to be that young & in that kind of shape again!!!! Now my knees go snap crackle & pop when I get up in the morning.... :thumbup:

You could be right. Andre is a person of color. Also I do know that some Glassmen went to Oakland when the Glassmen went inactive in 76. Bob Brady was one that I know for sure that went to Oakland. As for others I can not say for sure.

Odbc you are correct on all accounts. I would like to see some pictures from The Dutch Boy Cadets from back in the day. For that matter I would really like to see pictures from all Canadan Corps. The Glassmen made many trips to Canada back in the day. I do have a picture or two from Canada but I do not know where they were taken. But you can see the Canadan Flag in the back ground. There were some very powerfull all Girls Corps from Canada.

I recently connected with an official photographer for 1976, he found me. Shall I ask him for a mix of Canadian photos of that time? If not, I'll direct you to where he is posting some. Thanks for your photos. Toledo, Ohio Glassmen. I posted program photos of 1972.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...p;#entry2056882

Edit: Found the Doug Smith photos. Google search "Toronto Optimists", select Photo Gallery, then select Our Competition and Others. There are 3 pages, many of which are 1976. Edit: Our Competition and Others was changed to Other Corps (mostly Canadian) :laughing:

Edited by lindap

Women....always a distraction.....a wonderful distraction, but always a distraction......and, if anyone from another corps ever went near OUR women - there was war !

I have some photos from the AAG alumni from 1974, her photos are of drum line, somewhere near Ithaca or Wisconsin and practised with another drum corps but cannot remember which corps. The drum line has boy-girl-boy-girl just having a practise but this dear lady from an all girls drum corps cannot remember which corps, however she wishes to know. We ruled out Madison but not sure which corps. Shall I post?

Edited by lindap

I recently connected with an official photographer for 1976, he found me. Shall I ask him for a mix of Canadian photos of that time? If not, I'll direct you to where he is posting some. Thanks for your photos. Toledo, Ohio Glassmen. I posted program photos of 1972.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...p;#entry2056882

Edit: Found the Doug Smith photos. Google search "Toronto Optimists", select Photo Gallery, then select Our Competition and Others. There are 3 pages, many of which are 1976. :laughing:

Thank you for posting the pic of the 1972 Glassmen. That is a very rare picture. If only we could have that pic for the Glassmen Archives.

Anyways, I would really like for you to post some of the old Canadan Corps pics for all of us to see.