OMG Could We Have Been So Young?

Ah Ha!

Here are some of the young women from St. Rita's Color Guard at a rehearsal.

I also found some individual shots of them I'll post throughout this thread.

GuardInRepose.jpg

I really like a lot of the photos you all have posted. Keep 'em coming.

Puppet

Puppet:

Keep posting your photos, as well!

Sally

On tour~inpromptu rehearsal at some truck stop 1978.

(note the footwear B) )

whywakeme.jpg

whywakeme2.jpg

What with the holiday season approaching...

Myself and Marty...1977

martyme77.jpg

Possibly traditional. I have yet to do research on the history of uniforms. Uniforms have truly evolved. These are the last of my photos, simply because I have no more photos. I have enjoyed alot of the forums and in particular, historical drum corps photos. Thanks to all.

The 'stuff' Apoch referred to on The Hackney and Islingtons jackets could be considered as traditional. In 1977 when the picture was taken, Drum and Bugle Corps did not exist in England. The emphasis was on Military style marching bands and the style of the uniform mimicked the dress uniforms worn in the various regiments of the of the British Military. The wearing of a sash with medals on it from various contests was commonplace as were lanyards. The uniform in question was quite plain compared to some and would have been rigourously inspected by judges prior to competition with points being deducted for incorrect or poorly turned out equipment.

The 'stuff' Apoch referred to on The Hackney and Islingtons jackets could be considered as traditional. In 1977 when the picture was taken, Drum and Bugle Corps did not exist in England. The emphasis was on Military style marching bands and the style of the uniform mimicked the dress uniforms worn in the various regiments of the of the British Military. The wearing of a sash with medals on it from various contests was commonplace as were lanyards. The uniform in question was quite plain compared to some and would have been rigourously inspected by judges prior to competition with points being deducted for incorrect or poorly turned out equipment.

The Alberta All Girls performed in exhibition September 11, 1977 at the Basildon Youth Band Contest hosted by South East Essex Youth. I was approached by an instructor of 2nd. Brighton Scout Band, "The Marching Ambassadors", with respect to obtaining my address. He had sent a lovely letter asking how to obtain North American drum corps equipment and starting a full colour guard. I do hope I replied, simply cannot remember. Pleasure to meet your acquaintance. Take care and thank you.

Ah! That explains it. I can see a great deal of pride in wearing the "stuff" then. But it does make individuals stand out within the corps. Don't know if that's something I'd want to see on the field.

Myself and Marty...1977

martyme77.jpg

LOL. More stripes and longer hair than me back then. Too cool.

Sorry, no pictures of me in high school with my green and purple paisley blouse. I tried hot pants and platform shoes but I was late for classes while trying to negotiate the stairs. Went back to jeans and sandles. Did high school theatre, Music Man musical, 76 Trombones. They needed uniforms and the Seneca Princemen complied. Loved watching my high school band wearing my drum corps uniforms. Too cool.

martyme77.jpg

You hippy, you!

Myself and Marty...1977

martyme77.jpg

Hey...I know those guys!