now that corps can march 150

sizes  

248 members have voted

1. 1. what section(s) will be most affected by the increase to 150 members?

• brass
    • drumline
    • pit
    • guard

please explain.

i vote guard, because otherwise corps would hafta get 2 trailers. i think all sections will increase in size a little (for example: cymbal lines coming back) but i think that the guard's gonna be the section w/ the biggest increase

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping it'll be mostly brass, more bass drums and everyone should now have a cymbal line.

The pit (or more aptly named front line because they now take up almost the ENTIRE front sideline) is certainly big enough now that they have a sound system.

Guards IMHO are definitely big enough-I can take only so many smiley faces in a drum corps show.

And Gbassman5 it would indeed be a better world if basses ruled the planet (and maybe a little more fun place to live!)

i would hope that the increase would be brass and drums, but i'm saying what i think WILL happen, for logistical reasons.

it'd be great to see bigger hornlines. and i definitely want SCV cyms to march 5 every year, instead of 4 sometimes. also 5 tenors.

also, cadets and bloo w/ 10 snares...

and phantom w 16 or more contras....

but, all those take up space on the truck, which is why i think corps will mostly increase guard

i think this is really going to vary from corps to corps in a huge way. For example, you KNOW (and i think they've announced) their guard is expanding.

however i think BD might add more brass or percussion.

However I personally think it should be an even spread...maybe like this

2 trumpets

2 mellos

2 baris

2 tubas

5 guard

2 percussion

i dunno just my .02 lol.

Definitely cymbals are going to be seen a lot (as we're already starting to see), so I picked drumline. But I agree, all sections are going to be beefed up a little.

My prediction...every section is going to stay the same, and every corps is now going to have 17 drum majors!

I don't want to sound like I'm dissing the guards, but man they're a dime a dozen - they're all over the place. Most pits are pretty stacked right now. If I had to guess, I would say that the staffs would probably use the additional 15 for battery and brass - but that's just me.