Sad News

Fastone

I just received news that Raymond (Konga) Richardson Passed away this morning. He was someone who could light up a room and make everyone around him feel good. He is also my longest standing friendship in this activity going back to 1964 when we were both in Jr High School. That I am stunned right now does not come close to expressing how I feel.

Konga will be missed. He took me under his wing when I joined Sky Alumni 5 years ago. He and I had so many great times together at shows and parades. Who could forget Alabama on Braodway in Wildwood when Konga hit the imfamous "Q" Sharp. #### I am going to miss him. :(

I am sadden by this terrible news, Konga was a man amoung men. It did’nt matter who you marched with he was always there with a big hug and an even bigger smile.

The Hawthorne Caballeros send our deepest sympathies and condolences to his family as well as his Skyliner Family.

RIP Konga, your podium awaits, you have a heck of a brass line looking up for it’s next cue.

My goodness. The second time I have had to post this today. On behalf of the Yankee Rebels Alumni Drum & Bugle Corps and myself, deepest sympathies to his family and friends.

We didn't even really know each other and he always acknowledged me. He always seemed to be everyone's friend. Very sad.

He was without a hell of a man, a hell of a player, a hell of a Skyliner... He was one of the key players in convincing me to start marching. I am going to miss him something bad....

Edited by Skydrummer9

I just found this out --- I just can't believe this.

I am in shock.

I am going to miss him so much.

Dan

Edited by skymello2

The Reading Buccaneers Family sends its collective thoughts, prayers, hugs and condolences to Konga's family and to all he touched.

I remember when Konga joined Sky in 72 ... and how his "one liners" were honed under the guidance of Sol Anthony ... well, Sol and Konga are once again raising havoc for Winky and Lefty shooting their barbs and zingers at anyone who happens to be in their line of sight ... he was a Skyliner ... he was loved ... and he will be missed ... time for someone else to "make the donuts" ... RIP Konga ...

Andy

I am so sorry for your loss...my prayers go out to you.