Your Corps Song

bumo27

Lee gave me a cool idea when he posted the words to Sky's corps song.

First off, and this thread can be shut down if there's too much controversy:

Do you consider your corps song so sacred that the lyrics to it can never be written down or posted anywhere?

If you don't HAVE a corps song, what does your corps do/say before or after every performance as a group? Like, I know Cabs don't have a corps song, but they all say something together as a corps before they perform.

I'll start it off, and I know it's okay to post Bush's corps song, because it's printed on our website. :ph34r:

The Perfect Year (melody is from The Perfect Year from the Andrew Lloyd Webber musical "Sunset Boulevard", although the lyrics have been changed.

Another season, hopes are high, dance one year in, kiss one goodbye

Another chance, another start, so many dreams to stir the heart

All we need is one another, everything we want is here

If you're with me, this year will be...

A season's wish to share with you, together in magenta and blue

And side by side we'll face the test, Bushwacker pride, surpass the rest

All we need is one another, everything we want is here

And face to face, we will embrace

The Perfect Year

What say you, DCA?

Edited by bumo27

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We usually sing Garbarina after every show, parade, and rehearsal. (Rehearsals in the summer after the rookies have learned it) The alumni has sung it for us as we come on the field at finals.

We sang it at Sidemouth's memorial service and I'm sure we will tomorrow at Konga's.

That song envokes pride in every Skyliner's heart no matter how we are feeling. It brings us up after a bad day and consoles us when we lose one of our own.

Garbarina, Let's Go!

We usually sing Garbarina after every show, parade, and rehearsal. (Rehearsals in the summer after the rookies have learned it) The alumni has sung it for us as we come on the field at finals.

We sang it at Sidemouth's memorial service and I'm sure we will tomorrow at Konga's.

That song envokes pride in every Skyliner's heart no matter how we are feeling. It brings us up after a bad day and consoles us when we lose one of our own.

Garbarina, Let's Go!

Our Corps song is also posted on our website...

Sung to the Tune of "Oklahoma")

Oh here comes Garbarina, with our flags unfurled and flying high.

Garbarina, we are drum corps men, who don't know when we are licked,

and never will say die.

We're from New York,

and we will always sing her praises loud and clear.

Garbarina, we will bring no shame to our fair name

and no drum corps contest will we fear.

Our drum line's the best in the land

and our horn line, it plays Just as grand.

And when we go,

you'll see the greatest show.

We're always out to win - sock it in Garbarina,

Garbarina, Let's go !

Chorus: Garbarina Mazarakos, Garbarina Mazarakos,

(Repeat underneath)

Our drum line's the best in the land

and our horn line, it plays just as grand.

Everyone: And when we go,

you'll see the greatest show.

We're always out to win - sock it in Garbarina,

Garbarina, Let's go !

i do not believe the words to the Hurcs corps song are on its website. so i do not believe it is my place to post them.

i do know that as a rookie it was important i learn them before my first show. considering my first show was the week after i joined i failed miserably at that. BUT i was saved by another rookie who took me under his wing that first summer so that i learned them quickly. i think of him and the song much more frequently than anyone could imagine.

If you were in a junior corps, or alumni corps, and have a corps song, feel free to share it here as well! This could be fun...and nostalgic. :)

I'm starting to feel like an old timer...I guess 14 years in the activity will do that to a guy.

Edited by bumo27

If you were in a junior corps, or alumni corps, and have a corps song, feel free to share it here as well! This could be fun...and nostalgic. :)

I'm starting to feel like an old timer...I guess 14 years in the activity will do that to a guy.

yeah ~ you're an old old man now. :ph34r:

come back to the Bridgemen ~ i'm sure we could arrange to have a walker ready for you. :ph34r:

Westshoremens corps song changed a few times to reflect corps going co-ed and changes to the shade of blue in the uniform colors.

Will have to dig for most current version sung to the tune of the Happy Wanderer.

We sang the song in a January parade when it was too cold to plat that often and the non-Alumni members of the Alumni corps can sing it if they wish.

Hmmmm. I think I have a video clip of a corps singing "they trooped the stands.." on a bus that I haven't created any chaos with. Yet. Thanks for bringing that up Chris!

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: