Your Corps Song

bumo27

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOLOLOL.........thanks Joe........that's one for you. As for the how and the why.....it's what I do. Teach the yutes and learn 'em well. Give them an appreciation for all manner of communication through music. Push them to their limit's to excel and thereby push myself. At my age I'm lucky just to "stand" in a horn arc.

I was fortunate to come from a drum corps family that understood the genre. My father was quite a role model. You would have appreciated him. A national champion soprano and perennial Philly City Champ contender along with Bill 'Froggie' Froberg.........can you imagine playing in a hornline with those two? What.....am I gonna suck in front of them?

Then there's The Music Express. For me it's like candy. It doesn't get any better than to play with some really great horns and peers. What.........am I gonna suck in front of Larry and those guys?????????

One day it will have to come to an end. Until then I'll have to stay on top of my game and contribute as best I can to every group with which I'm involved and to an activity that's been in my blood since conception.

Sorry.......for the long post........I'm old........BUT I AIN'T DEAD.

J

Boy Jimmy you are old! How do you still play so well at that age? What are your secrets? :rolleyes:

LOLOLOL.........thanks Joe........that's one for you. As for the how and the why.....it's what I do. Teach the yutes and learn 'em well. Give them an appreciation for all manner of communication through music. Push them to their limit's to excel and thereby push myself. At my age I'm lucky just to "stand" in a horn arc.

I was fortunate to come from a drum corps family that understood the genre. My father was quite a role model. You would have appreciated him. A national champion soprano and perennial Philly City Champ contender along with Bill 'Froggie' Froberg.........can you imagine playing in a hornline with those two? What.....am I gonna suck in front of them?

Then there's The Music Express. For me it's like candy. It doesn't get any better than to play with some really great horns and peers. What.........am I gonna suck in front of Larry and those guys?????????

One day it will have to come to an end. Until then I'll have to stay on top of my game and contribute as best I can to every group with which I'm involved and to an activity that's been in my blood since conception.

Sorry.......for the long post........I'm old........BUT I AIN'T DEAD.

J

Wow ... and all the time I thought it was a new set of teeth like Bucky got ... like I told him, "I think they make you look taller" ...

:-)

I sang "All the Leaves are Brown" as far back as my rookie year with Sound of Long Island in 1989. So it's even possible that this one goes back to the New Image or St. Ignatius days.

I blame Marie for that one.Good times

:rolleyes:

Nah........Bucky has problems with packing the plate full o food bits and sesame/poppy seeds.....I just had 'em epoxy'd

:rolleyes:

Wow ... and all the time I thought it was a new set of teeth like Bucky got ... like I told him, "I think they make you look taller" ...

:-)

Guys...we really should leave the offensive bus songs off of this thread, please.

Mods - please delete that song about Reilly Raiders...it's posted a couple of times.

If this was RAMD, I'd tell you guys to have at it, and post whatever you want. There are people from Reilly who read this, and even if you think it's in good fun and 30 years old or whatever, they might not think so.

Chris.....as you can see I was a member of Reilly and had followed them for many years. While I was there and prior to, they always had a good time singing along to these songs.......they are a part of the heritage of the activity. Heck, when I attend any function with Reilly friends we still sing these songs.

I thought the intent of the thread was to educate and inform the viewer by responding to the post in the most honest and legitimate way possible.

Just my 2 cents.......

Guys...we really should leave the offensive bus songs off of this thread, please.

Mods - please delete that song about Reilly Raiders...it's posted a couple of times.

If this was RAMD, I'd tell you guys to have at it, and post whatever you want. There are people from Reilly who read this, and even if you think it's in good fun and 30 years old or whatever, they might not think so.

Chris.....as you can see I was a member of Reilly and had followed them for many years. While I was there and prior to, they always had a good time singing along to these songs.......they are a part of the heritage of the activity. Heck, when I attend any function with Reilly friends we still sing these songs.

I thought the intent of the thread was to educate and inform the viewer by responding to the post in the most honest and legitimate way possible.

Just my 2 cents.......

Right you are Jimmy C ... at the early GAS Reunions, we used to hand out sheets with the words to all the songs sung about all the corps - Greasy Sombreros and all ... LOL ... in fact, I have the video from the 88 GAS with Archie's Chorus leading the way as prompted by some little street urchin ... hmmm ... wonder who that could have been!!!!

LOL

LOLOLOL............could it be..............Pepe?????? Nah.....I know, I was young then (thanks for the urchin-ain't that sashimi?) He was soooooo "ON" for that GAS. Every now & then I play the dvd just to roar at his antics.

Did you see the pix from the I&E Award Ceremony?

Right you are Jimmy C ... at the early GAS Reunions, we used to hand out sheets with the words to all the songs sung about all the corps - Greasy Sombreros and all ... LOL ... in fact, I have the video from the 88 GAS with Archie's Chorus leading the way as prompted by some little street urchin ... hmmm ... wonder who that could have been!!!!

LOL