Your Corps Song

bumo27

Hey Jim M. I thought for sure you would have posted the words to Blessed Sacrament's corps song.

" We Are The Knights"

Oh we are the Knights,

Yes we're the Golden Knights

And we're out to win, over all others.

Though we lost a few before ( just a few, just a few )

tonight we will change the score.

As we march and shout,

all others look out.

Joe BSGK

Good point Joe. I was only replying to Smitty's inquiry about the lyrics. But you're right; we DID sing the above song OFTEN in BS. Although, was it was ever formally presented as our corps song? I remember that it was sung to the tune of "I Talk To The Trees", an old cha-cha by Prez Prado (sp?)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee gave me a cool idea when he posted the words to Sky's corps song.

First off, and this thread can be shut down if there's too much controversy:

Do you consider your corps song so sacred that the lyrics to it can never be written down or posted anywhere?

If you don't HAVE a corps song, what does your corps do/say before or after every performance as a group? Like, I know Cabs don't have a corps song, but they all say something together as a corps before they perform.

What say you, DCA?

This was the intent of the thread. It's all good though...convo's on DCP always stray from the intended point. :rolleyes:

Guys...we really should leave the offensive bus songs off of this thread, please.

Mods - please delete that song about Reilly Raiders...it's posted a couple of times.

If this was RAMD, I'd tell you guys to have at it, and post whatever you want. There are people from Reilly who read this, and even if you think it's in good fun and 30 years old or whatever, they might not think so.

Alright Chris. I sincerely commend you for your sensitivity to the feelings of the good Reilly folks. However, I must agree with Jimbo C. and Andy L (now there's a switch,eh Andy?) Everyone is long past possible hurt feelings about those relatively mild lyrics. Last May I attended the indoor alumni show sponsored by BS in Nutley. At the post-show party the folks from Reilly, a relatively conservative group as you know, drank a few Diet Pepsi's and proceeded to serenade us with several tunes, including the one about them mentioned earlier.

Wow, Chris becoming politically correct?? :rolleyes: At such a young age, too!!! :rolleyes::mat:

Ahhhhhhhhh, but Seamus......we were young once.........I think :rolleyes:

J

Alright Chris. I sincerely commend you for your sensitivity to the feelings of the good Reilly folks. However, I must agree with Jimbo C. and Andy L (now there's a switch,eh Andy?) Everyone is long past possible hurt feelings about those relatively mild lyrics. Last May I attended the indoor alumni show sponsored by BS in Nutley. At the post-show party the folks from Reilly, a relatively conservative group as you know, drank a few Diet Pepsi's and proceeded to serenade us with several tunes, including the one about them mentioned earlier.

Wow, Chris becoming politically correct?? :rolleyes: At such a young age, too!!! :mat::mat:

Ahhhhhhhhh, but Seamus......we were young once.........I think :rolleyes:

J

Wow, Chris becoming politically correct?? :rolleyes: At such a young age, too!!! :mat::mat:

back to the thread question..best song??

"the most beautifull sound I ever heard....ST JOSEPHs"

Tribte to

Jimmy Allen

Harold McJury

Ricky Samsel

Frank Panepento

SugarBear

Donny Allen

Bob Blonowics

Tim Callaghan

Jimmy DiPaola

Vern DeWitt

Joey(the BEST DM onthe planet) Eduardo

It's the newer, wiser, friendlier Chris.

Don't you know where I work? :P

So youre "fair and balanced " now? :rolleyes:

yeah, the hurcs don't have their corps song on the site, but to me personally, i think it should just be kept to ourselves. thats just me, it just means alot.

actually an audio version of the song is downloadable on the new alumni association website.

which is turning into a very nice website ~ great job guys!!! :tounge2: