Scott Stewart Facts

I figured we should compile of list of facts about my favorite drum corps personality with superhuman powers whose views on the activity very easily match my own, Mr. Scott Stewart, much in the same vein as Chuck Norris facts. I'll start.

Scott Stewart doesn't carry a tuner. HE decides if a note is in tune.

Add your own!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, he was and continues to be a great corps director no matter what anyone says. He has many allies, and a few opponents as well. But his record and years of leadership speaks for itself. He is... an icon in the drum corps world... a drum corps "megastar" if you will. He is also one of the most humble men in the drum corps activity. But he will be unequivocal in throwing all the credit and accomplishment to the young men he directed over the years, and the people he currently directs. I have witnessed the man recall a name of someone who he hadn't seen in 20+ years and still be able to recall the year (even if it was only one) he marched and role he played, as well as details of various events surrounding the year and that person.

All that being said, and with absolutely no disrespect or weirdness to you and this obviously very well meant and intended thread, he would be very embarrassed by it. Not saying it should be closed... it's a public forum. It's just he would personally be uncomfortable with the praise thrown his way... and wouldn't care in the slightest about the mud thrown his way, either.

sorry to be so serious in such a thread intended to be tongue in cheek...

Edited by GGarrett

Fact, Scott Stewart wants his members to learn and be thankful for what they have in life just as much as he feels drum corps first obligation is to the paying ticket holder (as opposed to the judges).

lameski

Well, he was and continues to be a great corps director no matter what anyone says. He has many allies, and a few opponents as well. But his record and years of leadership speaks for itself. He is... an icon in the drum corps world... a drum corps "megastar" if you will. He is also one of the most humble men in the drum corps activity. But he will be unequivocal in throwing all the credit and accomplishment to the young men he directed over the years, and the people he currently directs. I have witnessed the man recall a name of someone who he hadn't seen in 20+ years and still be able to recall the year (even if it was only one) he marched and role he played, as well as details of various events surrounding the year and that person.

All that being said, and with absolutely no disrespect or weirdness to you and this obviously very well meant and intended thread, he would be very embarrassed by it. Not saying it should be closed... it's a public forum. It's just he would personally be uncomfortable with the praise thrown his way... and wouldn't care in the slightest about the mud thrown his way, either.

sorry to be so serious in such a thread intended to be tongue in cheek...

THANK YOU GENO!

But anything is better than another Hopkins/Cadets thread...