From Colts.org

Please keep this wonderful individual in your hearts and prayers. As a person, not as a Colt, I would like to relay this information in hopes that well-wishes do make all the difference...

:( :(

http://colts.org/news/news.cfm?news_id=224

Erin is in a hospital in Waterloo, Iowa with serious back and neck injuries plus other injuries.

Bianca had to be air-lifted to The University of Iowa Hospitals overnight.

I talked to Bianca's mother earlier this evening to be make sure we have the most accurate information possible...

Bianca's condition has improved from "critical" to "critical but stable" in the past 18 hours, but she is seriously injured, and her outcome is not yet certain.

Your prayers are needed. Prayer and prayer groups make a difference. If you feel you can provide that support, please do so now.

She is in an induced coma at this time and has undergone extensive emergency surgery for internal bleeding and injuries. She also has swelling on the brain. An MRI is being performed as I write this to determine the extent of any brain injuries she may have.

She was responsive to her mom and others earlier today, which is very good news, but she is far from out of the woods.

I am convinced that people in a condition like Bianca's not only hear but respond to and benefit from messages that are read to them from friends and others.

Please send me your best wishes for her and I will make sure that she hears them. I am planning to leave to see her at 2 p.m. on Sunday. Please send your message for her to greg@colts.org and I will get it to her and her family.

Please do the same for Erin. She will have a long and difficult road to recovery as well.

Thank you.

Life is very fragile. Please don't ever take it for granted.

I love you all,

Greg

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pulling for them. :tongue:

Pulling for them as well, sent an email to the contact person and posted the link to the news on the Troopers message boards. I hope they get hundreds of emails- it does make a difference to know that so many people are with you when such an awful thing happens.

Drum Corps can be a very competitive activity at times, but when something like this happens, hey, we're all in this together. I've buried two corpsmates in my time and it was gut wrenching. I hope that no one else ever has to do that.

Oh man, I can't imagine what this must be like, my thoughts and prayers are with the member and their families. :tongue:

Edited by PioSop06

Bumping this. There is an email link in the news story from colts.org to send well wishes. Everyone please do so.

may they make a full recovery