From Colts.org

I think the reason Bianca is hanging on is because she feels us all pulling for her!

I can't stop checking colts.org for updates yet I have never met the girl. My prayers and best wishes to all involved.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was devastated when I read this thread. I feel so bad for these wonderful young women, and for their family and friends as well. My prayers are going out for them as we speak.

I know I will be sending in a donation, and hope many others will do the same.

I didn't see any details of the accident, and just assumed it was a weather related accident. I did a search on it, and was even more saddened to find out it was a preventable accident.

Here is the article I found on a news station. I am posting it here in hopes that maybe it will prevent someone else from making a mistake like this. If anyone feels it shouldn't be posted here, feel free to have it removed. I am just so saddened by this tragedy, and remember that these are 2 very young women whose lives and families lives were destroyed all in the course of a couple of minutes.

I also saw that Bianca was the Iowa solo guard winner in 2006(if I read that correctly). I was also wondering if someone has pics of them that they could post on here. I have the feeling many of us would remember them if we saw the pics.

Friday Accident In Grundy County Injures Two

Sat, 01 Dec 2007 18:11:51 CST

The Iowa State patrol reports that two Dubuque women were injured in a one-vehicle rollover accident in Grundy County late Friday. 17-year old Bianca Vocke and 20-year old Erin Reichle were taken to Covenant Medical Center in Waterloo for treatment of their injuries. Vocke was transported by helicopter, while Reichle went by Dike Ambulance. The Patrol reports that the vehicle, being driven by Vocke, was easbound on Highway 20 near mile marker 214, when the driver and passenger attempted to switch places while the vehicle was in motion. The vehicle then entered the grass median and rolled, coming to rest on its side in the north ditch of westbound Highway 20. Charges are pending in the case. The Iowa State patrol was also assisted by the Grundy County Sheriff's Office along with the Wellsburg and Dike fire departments.

:laughing::thumbup::smile: That is exactly what I wanted to say and couldn't muster. Hang in there B......

Bianca's fight is nearly over.

December 10, 2007

Greg

Jay tells me that the family is all there with her, listening to her favorite music and saying their goodbyes.

They have listened a couple of times to the music she used when she won the state color guard solo championship a couple of years ago, and they have listened to Morning. She has the words for it with her in the room.

It's time for her to go. She is being kept comfortable and she will leave us sometime soon when she decides it's time.

She is at peace and is comfortable and seems ready to let go any time.

She baffled and amazed the experts all week, but no one who knows her can be the least bit surprised about that.

Please pray for her and pray for her family.

Further news and details will be posted here.

On behalf of B and her family, I thank you all for the outpouring of support and prayers they received, and I'm sure will continue to receive from everyone.

Peace.

Greg

--

Edited by alarson83

May God be with you in your journey home...

Please keep this wonderful individual in your hearts and prayers. As a person, not as a Colt, I would like to relay this information in hopes that well-wishes do make all the difference...

:( :(

http://colts.org/news/news.cfm?news_id=224

This is very sad to hear about. Ugh. Thoughts and prayers headed their way.

Edited by drumlaw80

The entire Bushwacker family has their thoughts and prayers to both families.