Rule Proposals

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we all get a round of applause for Mr. Kviz? Excellent job! I greatly commend you for this. I will be e-mailing the directors alerting them of his wonderful proposals and urging them to strongly consider them. :devil:

amplification of brass....you've GOT to be kidding me Hopkins...

I'm not surprised. I've been waiting for this one since he opened up Pandora's Box with his a&e proposals. Nice to see him take a break from the ww proposals, though.

Can we all get a round of applause for Mr. Kviz? Excellent job! I greatly commend you for this. I will be e-mailing the directors alerting them of his wonderful proposals and urging them to strongly consider them. :devil:

Wishful thinking.

Amplification and Narration are not going anywhere. My guess is that the repeal proposals will not even make it to a vote.

On the flip side, I see electronics passing.

I would say no to all of them and here are a few words on each in the order they are listed.

1. Judge all the corps the same way for all shows.

2. This only opens to door for it to be pushed back further.

3. What? NO!

4. The time requirement has been there for a long time. Learn to program your show instead of having the same problem every year.

5. Would a wireless mic even work well from the back corner of a field. No need to amplify the loudest thing on the field.

6. While I like the idea of more creative freedom I don't like the idea of hearing techno and then a babbling brook on the field.

7. You want to add judges to balance things out and then take out another to unbalance it?

8. Would you want to pay thousands of dollars and spend your entire summer standing in front of a sound board?

9. It was already voted in and I don't see it being voted out. Plus a 15 point penalty? Ridiculous.

10. Same as above. 25 POINTS?!

I don't see why amplification of brass is necessary at all, personally.

If the age limit passed, I'd age out in 2010 instead of 2009. Crazy thought. I wonder if we'll just keep pushing it back and back and back...I know I was kind of hoping that I'd get on a staff somewhere after aging out to help buoy some of my serious college debt. Kinda makes me less-than-enthusiastic about this proposal, and I wonder if there are some who feel the same way.

I don't see many of these proposals passing, however...

Dear Mr. Hopkins

Proofreading is your friend.