Rule Proposal 2008-02

Rules 2008  

366 members have voted

1. 1. Age Requirements

• No; maintain the June 1 date
    • Yes; use the calendar year including 22, adding 5 months of eligibility

Personally I'd like to see it rewritten to just say the member would age-out if they turned 22 the day after DCI Finals. This would give the definately cut-off date. Any dates between the end of Finals and the first show of the next year would make things mildly confusing.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted Yes. Otherwise no one can turn 22 at all. Must be 21 year olds only. How is turning 22 during the summer fair to the kid that turns 22 in May when they should be at spring training but can't because he turns 22 a few days early.

And so then it becomes unfair for someone who turned 22 on December 30th, or 31st. What do you mean otherwise no one can? Do you mean "no one should?" The rules as it has been for a while now.

It's only 5 months! LET THEM EAT CAKE!

Well, this would effectively not allow me to march my age out, which would be 2011 by this. I'll be 20 next summer, 21 in '10, and 22 in '11. But... I graduate college either spring or fall 2010. I don't see myself being able to march when I have a real job. I selfishly say no, and that I shouldn't have entered college with so many credit hours... haha.

It's only 5 months! LET THEM EAT CAKE!

Read closer, it's one year and five months. I would somewhat agree with the calendar year, I just don't know why they added another year.

Now it's you can turn 22, as long as it's between June 1st and sometime in August if I remember correctly?

Extend the age limit? Bad on many levels, mentioned by many. I add my meaningless vote to the others against this silly idea.

1. Will disproportionately benefit corps already in top position who who already have higher than average member ages

2. Will make it harder for younger members to find a spot in a corps of their choice

3. Will make it harder for some people who need/want to get on with life to have an age out year