Rule Proposal 2008-05

Rules 2008  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Amplification of Brass

• No; maintain that amplification of brass is not allowed
    • Yes; allow brass instruments to be amplified

Well considering how corps rarely can play above a forte anymore, I guess ampping them would give up old pharts who love the loudness can now be happy. :devil:

(BTW, I did vote no...this is Hoppy's backdoor way to allow ww since they would need to be ampped to be heard)

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seriously, is this proposal a joke?

checking calander for april 1st...

:cool:

In my eyes, George doesn't want to see the activity die. He's trying to find new ways of challenging the design team. Last year was an all-time low as far as design is concerned. I watch 1st through last placing Div 3 people, not talking about just the Top 12 like most, so I think most corps in general need to do something better and more exciting. This rule might help. If you're worried about woodwinds in the future, there is nothing we can do about it, so why bother.

I think George is talking about soloists and small ensembles. I dunno about ya'll, but I dislike having to send a performer to the front when I write, let alone do the same for a whole group. Star did a lot of "stereo" effects (especially in 90), and I'm thinking this could be used in a similar way. If not, they will be marred for it like usual so there's really nothing to worry about.

Let them try it.

When can we amp the hash marks? :cool:

Edited by LaSqueegee

He's trying to find new ways of challenging the design team.

Personally, I think the most challenging instances of design/creativity are when the most limitations are placed on a designer/artist.

When can we amp the hash marks? :cool:

Hehe. . .good one. :santa: Let it go.

i can name many solos where i have thought " its too bad that person has to play loud enough to fill a football stadium because they are not making any musical sense with their solo "

And how would amping the solo to that same decibel level make any more "musical sense"?