If not Hoppy, who?

Spineless star chambers? You referring to Marc Chambers? Care to explain?

I don't think Marc Chambers had a vote at the last rules congress.

IMO, Hoppy needs a hobby. He apparently has WAY too much time on his hands.

Garry in Vegas

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Marc Chambers had a vote at the last rules congress.

IMO, Hoppy needs a hobby. He apparently has WAY too much time on his hands.

Garry in Vegas

"Hop's Hobby":

He already has one: Destroying the DRUM CORPS activity... :worthy:

Elphaba

• 4 weeks later...

Hoppy is single-handedly ruining drum corps.

He should take his corps and start his own circuit, and let DCI do what they did for years - Entertain

I find it so odd that Mark Arnold is in this group. Blue Knights' shows for as long as I can remember have been pretty much on the traditional side. I can't see narration in a Blue Knights show...

Mark Arnold was the first to officially propose amps.

I tend to agree with that - they did not release who voted to pass electronics last year – oh yes, the spineless star chambers

I've always credited Hop for being out there – whether his blog or new rules, he is not hiding his views

I don't like Hoppy's vision, but at least he has the cajones to say what he is for and to discuss it with his critics.

Perhaps the rest can sit back because they know he will take the heat...then they don't have to. However, I know that Gibbs and Acheson have been of like mind with Hoppy since the late eighties.

Edited by DrumCorpsFan27

Hoppy is single-handedly ruining drum corps.

He should take his corps and start his own circuit, and let DCI do what they did for years - Entertain

He is NOT doing it single-handedly. Other directors vote WITH him. If they didn't, he would just be a big mouth in the minority vote. Although, I'm pretty certain that Hoppy was doing the dance of joy when he heard that Scott Stewart was out.

Yes..Gibbs :devil:

I believe a least one of the recent changes often attributed to Hoppy was actually submitted by Dave Gibbs.

He is NOT doing it single-handedly. Other directors vote WITH him. If they didn't, he would just be a big mouth in the minority vote. Although, I'm pretty certain that Hoppy was doing the dance of joy when he heard that Scott Stewart was out.

I'd love to know what Hoppy promises these directors to get them to go along with these half brained ideas.

Hoppy does it because he's not afraid to hear the critics and I really think he gets a joy out of pissing off people, especially here on DCP. What I think many people lose sight of though, is that the rule proposals we see here are just the formal things. The main proposals and things that get changed are actually conversations with the BOD. Not the formal things we see hear. These start the conversations. Thats pretty much it.