Craziest visual ever?

Not sure what year but Star when the guard got into big steel wheels and rolled around the field.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An indoor show up in Rochester. We stop for the concert formation. At HORNS UP, my spit valve catches on my sash and my slide goes rocketing across the floor, landing at a judges feet. This during dead silence. The slide crashes on the wooden floor waking up the dead.

He brought back the slide so I could play on.

Edited by gsksun4

Not sure what year but Star when the guard got into big steel wheels and rolled around the field.

1986. The show they now call "The Outer Space Show." Yeah, not too creative, but hey. (I did the liner notes for their retrospective DVD and was officially told that's what the show was titled years after the fact. Remember that back then, many shows didn't yet have titles.)

The corps used the "squirrel cages" only at the very beginning of the season. They hated them so much that when they were pulled from the show, a large hole was dug behind their corps hall (Brown School) and the cages were dumped in and covered with dirt, where they remain to this day.

As for things performed by accident, the 1985 Cadets tumbling over one another near the end of their show at DCI Midwest finals in Whitewater, Wisconsin when one marcher fell and the others were backing up in a blind set. It never happened again, but it pointed out how little room for error there was in the style the corps had developed with their wild George Zingali drills.

Gee Mike, I'm disappointed, you got your years wrong.. :tongue: