Prayers for David Welch

Hello everyone --

Please say a prayer for my friend David Welch if you have a moment. He is having a second surgery on his brain tumor today at 2:00 and could use the fantastic love and support of our community. David marched in the Garfield Cadets mellophone section in 1984, 1985, 1986 and 1987.

David is a courageous human being and maintains a web site detailing his life with brain cancer here.

Thank you.

Edited by 84Cadet

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I marched with David, "Primo", and will keep him in my thoughts and prayers all through today. I saw him last at DCI in Pasadena. Great Guy! LOVES drum corps.

Hello everyone --

Please say a prayer for my friend David Welch if you have a moment. He is having a second surgery on his brain tumor today at 2:00 and could use the fantastic love and support of our community. David marched in the Garfield Cadets mellophone section in 1984, 1985, 1986 and 1987.

David is a courageous human being and maintains web site detailing his life with brain cancer here.

Thank you.

I'm in the process of moving and just yesterday came across a copy of the rookie season journal David kept. It was printed by Scooter Pirtle in the Middle Horn Leader in 1994 and I swear, I could read that journal every day and never get tired of the stories and wonder that fill each page.

I only know David a little bit -- through his journal and through some emails we've exchanged over the years -- but I agree, he is a courageous and inspiring man.

Scooter, I know you're out there! You and Kevin should talk about re-printing this fantastic journal here on DCP for a new audience to read. It's amazing -- as amazing as the young man who wrote it.

All my good thoughts and prayers for health and full recovery are yours, David. Get well and come back soon!!

Stefanie

David Welch has inspired more people and touched more lives than anyone I've ever known. I wish I was 1/10th the man he is. In his typical fashion he is facing this ordeal with courage and determination. He has made a commitment to life that humbles me and everyone who knows him. David embodies the human spirit and sends it soaring.

Burn No Bridges: The David Welch Story

This is a Fanfare column from November, 2006, submitted by Doug Rutherford. I encourage all to read it for more about David's courageous struggle.

Thoughts and prayers will be with him.

My thoughts are with you David. Good Luck!

woooooooah. i met this guy at my hotel after finals this year in pasadena. he commented on my member jacket, said he enjoyed the show and what-not, and told us about his marching at garfield. he was an incredibly pleasant person and i enjoyed talking to him immensely. he had told me a bit about winning the cadets essay contest and being down on the field for a performance of theirs, and how overwhelming the experience was. man...thoughts are with him, most definitely.

My thoughts and prayers are with David.... he is an inspiration to us all.

May God bless him.

Fran