Prayers for David Welch

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone --

Please say a prayer for my friend David Welch if you have a moment. He is having a second surgery on his brain tumor today at 2:00 and could use the fantastic love and support of our community. David marched in the Garfield Cadets mellophone section in 1984, 1985, 1986 and 1987.

My fingers were crossed all day yesterday for David. Does anyone have any news?

As mentioned, you can learn more about David and the incredible work he's doing to further understanding about brain cancer at his not-for-profit site:

David Welch's Web Site

The site name is a reference to his age and the size of the tumor when it was originally diagnosed. The site is an incredible repository of information.

Steph, David has been republishing his '84 journal with updates from current GC members. You can purchase it on Amazon (link) or just doe a search on "Middle Horn Leader" at amazon.com. The proceeds go to support 38Lemon. The new versions he's prepared are far superior to the original we published back in '95.

Edited by Scooter Pirtle

Here's some very encouraging news uploaded to David's site:

Click here to visit the December 27th Update

An immediate response for beer. I'll take this as a good sign!

Steph, David has been republishing his '84 journal with updates from current GC members. You can purchase it on Amazon (link) or just doe a search on "Middle Horn Leader" at amazon.com. The proceeds go to support 38Lemon. The new versions he's prepared are far superior to the original we published back in '95.

Scooter,

Thanks for the info -- I'm so glad he's selling it. It was a great read before it was "new and improved" -- I can only imagine how much more awesome it is now. I'm thinking I know what I want for my birthday, now!

I also see in your signature that you were with Star United in 07. Are you returning for 08?

Stef

I had a chance to talk with him a few times the last two summers. An amazing man. My prayers will be with him

For Holy Name Shall Always Be

Just in case anyone's missed the link in Scooter's post above, the latest journal update is that David is awake, alert and receiving visitors. I guess the hospital doesn't carry Gatorade and that's what David needs to be drinking instead of water right now (to keep his meds from washing through his system too quickly).

Sounds like things are going well. Hopefully they'll have the results of the tumor evaluation soon and a new round of effective treatment can begin.

Prayer works! Don't stop now!

Stef