Your 1st & last time in uniform...

Hi Sue,

we didn't make finals last year - I think we ended up 18th or 19th. It's getting harder every year as the Quebec drum corps and winterguard scene is pretty much dead.

Sonnor will be going down to open class this year and I hope will be able to be competitive.

Later,

Mike

Thanks for the update, Mike. I'll be pulling for you!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, what are the En Garde uniforms going to look like...

For THIS year, since we;re doing a beach-theme show...Hawaiian shirts (I'm ready for the visual comparison to 82-83 VK, although that is not the intent)...cheap and easy. Pant color not entirely decided on, but probably black...easy to get.

In the future....dunno. Because of the name I AM tinkering with the idea of using a modified fencing jacket for the basic design. For headgear...I;d liek to see an aussie, myself...getting tired of seeing shakos all over California!

That's all speculation on my part, tho...the staff hasn't even discussed it, since we'll have our hands full getting on the field THIS year. After the last show in July, who knows!

Thanks for the update, Mike. I'll be pulling for you!

Thanks Sue - I'm officially retired this year though. I just hit 40, so no more 12 hour rehearsal days for me. :tongue:

I will however be teaching them "on & off".

Thanks for the interest - Sonnor is the oldest winterguard in Quebec (over 24 years) and we're trying everything we can to keep it going.

Later,

Mike

Edited by Guardguy89

now THAT is a great corps name...

A big part of what led me to drumcorps was that my 2 grandaunts who raised me were involved in many different church and outside civic groups. One of them was the Loyal Order of oddfellows which was similar to the Elks Lodge, which they were also members of. One of the members of the Brooklyn lodge decided to get a drumcorps started, the corps lasted 4 years until Mrs Mitchell who founded it passed away in 1962.

In the future....dunno. Because of the name I AM tinkering with the idea of using a modified fencing jacket for the basic design. For headgear...I;d liek to see an aussie, myself...getting tired of seeing shakos all over California!

_38549761_miranda150.jpg

Whites? Plastron Inquiring minds want to know!

Robert

Oh yeah...just what we need....FIE uniforms for a drum corps!!! (And Rene Roch will have NO influence!)

They would never wear out...but they'd be expensive...do you know what 800N fabric COSTS??? Yikes!

I need to find a way to bring one of my sabres out for the salute in following years.

(I'm an equipment dealer by trade, by the way....if you need gear, drop me a line!)

FIRST, contest, with Scarborough Firefighters as guard member May 1969 in Etobicoke, Ontario (now part of greater Toronto)

LAST, parade, with Alberta All Girls as cymbal player August 1979 at Disney World, Florida

OK, I'll play along as well:

1st time in uniform-1972 Wampsvilee Drumadiers, Lead Soprano

Last time in uniform-1980 Finals, Soprano with the Schaumburg Guardsmen

Geno: incidentally, I marched in Winter Guard in Upstate New York with Loyal Order. We took our name from our original sponsers, The Loyal Order of Moose.