Your 1st & last time in uniform...

First--SkyRyders 1992 in Clearwater, FL. Great grandmother was from Clearwater, so she and her girlfriends all got together to see our performance! Nothing like a "home show."

Last--PR 1994. Foxboro Stadium, Boston, MA. Top 3, baby!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For THIS year, since we;re doing a beach-theme show...Hawaiian shirts (I'm ready for the visual comparison to 82-83 VK, although that is not the intent)...cheap and easy. Pant color not entirely decided on, but probably black...easy to get.

In the future....dunno. Because of the name I AM tinkering with the idea of using a modified fencing jacket for the basic design. For headgear...I;d liek to see an aussie, myself...getting tired of seeing shakos all over California!

That's all speculation on my part, tho...the staff hasn't even discussed it, since we'll have our hands full getting on the field THIS year. After the last show in July, who knows!

I liked this fencing jacket with the flap open to show the contrasting colors.

Of course whenever I think of fencing I think of The Avengers and Ms. Rigg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ4FHpSTFf4

Watch Diana blow a big one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YLLMlGMXuY...feature=related

quite talented!

Hey Trooper,

I was at Ithaca in 1974 with Purple Lancers. Your corps was a big surprise to us. We were all familiar with Anaheim and Santa Clara, but who were these Blue Devils? Nice job! If you want to trade stories about '74 IM me.

I was in Ithaca in 1974 for my only DCI Championship performance. Didn't make finals. Our corps(Finleyville Royal Crusaders lost our drill writer/instructor to the Blue Devils and, as they say, the rest is history.

First year marched: 1967(Cambria Cadets)

Last year marched: wil let you know. Still marching with Readinig Bucaneers.

....Our corps(Finleyville Royal Crusaders lost our drill writer/instructor to the Blue Devils and, as they say, the rest is history.

Your drum instructor - Mike Kumer - also treked north to Revere, MA in 1977 and 78. He brought a completely new dimension to our hardwork - and successful - drumline. Our snare line, like most, had marched traditional "grip" and Mike was adamant about playing with match grip in 1977. Luckily, Santa Clara did as well so we didn't feel like complete dorks.

Mike also wrote great charts - emphasizing 32nd note singles during our Rocky medley. It took a long time for our line to "warm up" to Mike, but he more than earned our respect as the season progressed. He also returned in 1994 for our alumni corps performance - it was great to see him.

First time - December 30th or 31st, 1984 - standstill somewhere in Pasadena area for the Wyoming delegation before the Rose Bowl Parade, followed by the parade on the 1st.*

Last time - January, 2001 - President G. W. Bush's first Inaugural Parade

*One awesome thing about marching the Rose Bowl Parade was all of the cheers that we got from drum corps fans - that, and hearing people shout out other corps' names. I didn't expect it.

Okay

1st time in a Bluecoats Uniform 1982 - I think we did a standstillsomewhere before the season started, but the first show was in Cleveland.

Last time was in the 1988 Orange Bowl Parade with the DCM All Star Corps

Last time in a corps uniform was the 1997 DCA season with the Grenadiers, I believe we did an exhibition performance at finals that year.

Your drum instructor - Mike Kumer - also treked north to Revere, MA in 1977 and 78.

Smiling Mike - he always seemed to be smiling...

First time in uniform - 1968, Everett, MA. Eastern Mass competition that we won (I.C. Reveries)

Last time - 1978 DCI Finals, and once more in '94 with 27th Lancers both times.

Okay

1st time in a Bluecoats Uniform 1982 - I think we did a standstillsomewhere before the season started, but the first show was in Cleveland.

Last time was in the 1988 Orange Bowl Parade with the DCM All Star Corps

Last time in a corps uniform was the 1997 DCA season with the Grenadiers, I believe we did an exhibition performance at finals that year.

the florida trip was great! lots of fun