Serenade in Brass 2008

yes, i meant driving conditions. a normal 3 1/2 - 4 hour ride home last year took 9 hours. not something i was looking forward to repeating if possible. :ph34r:

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got me confused here Liz. Pretty sure SIB is an indoor show. Don't understand the monsoon thingee unles you're referring to driving conditions. (My apologies if I misunderstood.......I'm trying to type and listen to my "BELOVED "of 44 years in the background. I do, however, remember the DCA Monsoon in Rochester 2006.

We all remember that one. Worst conditions I ever remember for a Drum Corps show.

yes, i meant driving conditions. a normal 3 1/2 - 4 hour ride home last year took 9 hours. not something i was looking forward to repeating if possible. :ph34r:

That was a nasty ride home. Took me 3 hours and normally is a 2 hour drive or a little less.

OK, someone mentioned a Serenade in Brass discount, so I checked that out. Good price, so we're staying at the Crowne Plaza.

Now my wife and son are coming with me so I don't want no drinkin' or swearin' goin' on. OK?

well ####, then what the hell am i supposed to do?

:ph34r:

Well, OK, you can drink, but if you're gonna swear, just say, "Number sign, number sign, number sign, number sign!"

Edited by Martybucs

well #### that ####### sucks ####it

:ph34r:

Did you head for home that night or the next morning? Took me twice as long (maybe 25 minutes) to get home after the Breakfast. :doh:

Weird thing was how fast the Forum emptied after the show. I parked at the parking garage and it took about 20-25 minutes from the time I left the Forum until I drove back to pick up my wife and sister. (Nothing like problems with the garage elevators, one person taking $$$ at the garage and H-burgs infamous one way street system to make things take forever.) By the time I pulled up they were the only ones there. :smile: Just going from hard drizzle to rain by the time I got back.

Oh yeah, we should be easy to pick out at the Forum. Look for the dark haired lady with glasses and a walker. Kris' rehab is going well but using the walker will be safest in that mess of people. Maybe we'll put spikes in the front for people who forget that when they stop they hold everyone up. :doh:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

i caught that before the edit Jim! :doh:

i headed home Sunday morning. the Jeep doubled as a pontoon boat as i recall. hyroplaning at 25 miles an hour was not fun. 25 minutes to get home? :ph34r: glad i didn't know that then. i wouldn't have had, no wait, i STILL don't have any sympathy for you. :doh:

reservations confirmed. long term weather forecast reviewed. no repeat of last year's monsoon anticipated in forecast!! :ph34r:

When it comes to the Harrisburg weekend, never trust a long-term forecast.

For whatever reason, the weather that weekend is often a combination of cold, wind and/or rain.

We've had a few years of nice weather, but several times.... not so nice.

Fran

i caught that before the edit Jim! :doh:

i headed home Sunday morning. the Jeep doubled as a pontoon boat as i recall. hyroplaning at 25 miles an hour was not fun. 25 minutes to get home? :ph34r: glad i didn't know that then. i wouldn't have had, no wait, i STILL don't have any sympathy for you. :doh:

:doh: One of them days typing Liz, one of them days... With that 10 year head start in age I have on you, I forget exactly what I wrote the first time. :smile::doh:

As I remember I got home in time to throw the horn in the car and drive south to practice. The nasty stuff must have followed you home as I just remember hard rain but nothing really scary going south.

And word of warning(s) to everyone else. Last year the Harrisburg Dog Show was going on the same weekend which mugged up parking at the Walnut Street (high rise) garage. At least I got stuck behind a bunch of doggie people waiting to pay my parking. Just realized Dog Show is again the same weekend. Plus not sure if the local ballteam is in town as the overflow also goes to that garage.

Plus Harrisburg is STILL putting up that new building behind the Forum and ####### up street parking. :doh:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

:doh: One of them days typing Liz, one of them days... With that 10 year head start in age I have on you, I forget exactly what I wrote the first time. :ph34r::smile:

As I remember I got home in time to throw the horn in the car and drive south to practice. The nasty stuff must have followed you home as I just remember hard rain but nothing really scary going south.

And word of warning(s) to everyone else. Last year the Harrisburg Dog Show was going on the same weekend which mugged up parking at the Walnut Street (high rise) garage. At least I got stuck behind a bunch of doggie people waiting to pay my parking. Just realized Dog Show is again the same weekend. Plus not sure if the local ballteam is in town as the overflow also goes to that garage.

Plus Harrisburg is STILL putting up that new building behind the Forum and ####### up street parking. :doh:

Yippeeee! I don't have to worry about parking.... I'm coming in on the train. At least this year I won't call for the hotel's van.

True story... Last year I hopped off the train in Harrisburg, pulled out the cell, called the hotel and told them to send the van to pick me up. The woman on the other end asked, "Are you SURE you want the van?" I replied, "Of course. I have my luggage, my uniform, etc. I certainly can't walk it, and besides, I don't even know where you are." So she said, "Okay, someone will be right there."

I step out the front door of the station, light up a cigarette, and ZZZZZZZIP - there's the van. "Well, that certainly was quick!"

I jump in; she starts the van; we go about one block; and there's the hotel. Me?? Embarassed??? Naw......

Andy