Serenade in Brass 2008

Yippeeee! I don't have to worry about parking.... I'm coming in on the train. At least this year I won't call for the hotel's van.

True story... Last year I hopped off the train in Harrisburg, pulled out the cell, called the hotel and told them to send the van to pick me up. The woman on the other end asked, "Are you SURE you want the van?" I replied, "Of course. I have my luggage, my uniform, etc. I certainly can't walk it, and besides, I don't even know where you are." So she said, "Okay, someone will be right there."

I step out the front door of the station, light up a cigarette, and ZZZZZZZIP - there's the van. "Well, that certainly was quick!"

I jump in; she starts the van; we go about one block; and there's the hotel. Me?? Embarassed??? Naw......

Andy

Hey! We all know what a hassle it is. Hauling all our drum corps gear, for an over niter, in one load.~ouch~ Even 1 block can be hard.

Sometimes I embarrass myself, with all the stuff I pack. LOL I subscribe to the "be prepared philosophy".

I've learned to whittle it down after 3 seasons. LOL

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it comes to the Harrisburg weekend, never trust a long-term forecast.

For whatever reason, the weather that weekend is often a combination of cold, wind and/or rain.

We've had a few years of nice weather, but several times.... not so nice.

Fran

it can be very Scranton-like. But i do remember many, many years of rain

Yippeeee! I don't have to worry about parking.... I'm coming in on the train. At least this year I won't call for the hotel's van.

True story... Last year I hopped off the train in Harrisburg, pulled out the cell, called the hotel and told them to send the van to pick me up. The woman on the other end asked, "Are you SURE you want the van?" I replied, "Of course. I have my luggage, my uniform, etc. I certainly can't walk it, and besides, I don't even know where you are." So she said, "Okay, someone will be right there."

I step out the front door of the station, light up a cigarette, and ZZZZZZZIP - there's the van. "Well, that certainly was quick!"

I jump in; she starts the van; we go about one block; and there's the hotel. Me?? Embarassed??? Naw......

Andy

thanks for the head's up. I'll alert Mayor Reed's office to have security beefed up

Norman called tonight. Go figure, left the wrong number...

Hope you have a spot for him in Wshore.

BTW, can I play in both???

um.....i dunno. contact management

Those entering at our Associate Level are:

Cliff Brandt, Tracy L. Dell, Jim Fawber, Lisa Menear

Those entering at our Full Member Level are:

Thomas Ashby, Joseph Ludwith, Thomas Siegfried

And those entering at our Lifetime Level are:

Richard "Dick" Adams, John Arietano, George Christy, Philip DeMara, Don Fenninger, Martin J. Holahan, Harry Hook, David Hurt, Steven "Hairbear" Masters, Sandy McNeal, Loujuae "Jay" McPherson, Richard "Dick" Penrod, Jay W. Pius, Terry Prosba, Wally Ream, William "Bill" Reese, Eugene Sharpley, Eric G. Smith, Donald H. Solinger, Gregg Sweeney

wow, so many on this list are performing with us!

Tracy Dell - cymbals, who along with Brad Fogel and others have revived the Emmaus Sentinels

(we have been proud and excited to be involved by lending them instruments)

Joe Ledwith - bass drum and equipment manager

Dick Adams - mellophone

Don Fenninger- soprano

George Christy - soprano, not playing now but he is is the last surviving member to have been in the corps in in the 40s, 50s, 60s, 90s & 2000s.

Phil DeMara- soprano, 60s Reilly alum & Marines, still playing, doing solos, being corps librarian

Harry Hook- soprano, 50s Reilly alum, husband to our operations mgr.

Dick Penrod- soprano, 50s Reilly alum, plays inside and drives the Reilly limo in parades. 4 out of 5 lifetimers who still play!

I am looking forward to the ceremonies and breakfast after the show

Edited by BeinGreen

and a fine sassy group it is.....make sure you spell Joe Ledwith's name correctly, he'll be cranky if you don't....it's good to see so many old friends being inducted........certainly hope that George Christy will be there (he was an old buddy of my father and uncle)

a Joe fan since '62 who considers George Christy a hero.......always remember 'don't call me Dickie'

wow, so many on this list are performing with us!

Tracy Dell - cymbals, who along with Brad Fogel and others have revived the Emmaus Sentinels

(we have been proud and excited to be involved by lending them instruments)

Joe Ledwith - bass drum and equipment manager

Dick Adams - mellophone

Don Fenninger- soprano

George Christy - soprano, not playing now but he is is the last surviving member to have been in the corps in in the 40s, 50s, 60s, 90s & 2000s.

Phil DeMara- soprano, 60s Reilly alum & Marines, still playing, doing solos, being corps librarian

Harry Hook- soprano, 50s Reilly alum, husband to our operations mgr.

Dick Penrod- soprano, 50s Reilly alum, plays inside and drives the Reilly limo in parades. 4 out of 5 lifetimers who still play!

I am looking forward to the ceremonies and breakfast after the show

I am a fan of anyone named JOE...

This may be ever so slightly OT but just got an eMail from Steve Cooley who was informed last evening that he has been inducted into the WDCHOF :thumbup::ninja: