Uniforms

Brent, thanks for posting the "rejected sketches", which for those of you playing at home are slightly different than the "rejected cartooons". It's pretty cool to see some of the design process. I really dig the Phantom labyrinth baldric so if that wasn't the answer, I'm real anxious to see what is!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lmao i love the bluecoats futuristic uniform....they should just do....i dunno...

A ROBOCOP show...it fits their history and everything, ahahaha, man that'd be sweet.

Brent, thanks for posting the "rejected sketches", which for those of you playing at home are slightly different than the "rejected cartooons". It's pretty cool to see some of the design process. I really dig the Phantom labyrinth baldric so if that wasn't the answer, I'm real anxious to see what is!

:cool: That baldric really did look great--that with Phantom's helmet would have helped bring off the Spartacus theme. If that's the reject, bring us the finished product! :)

I can see why the baldrics were rejected, but they're all pretty cool nonetheless.

The three SW concepts all look great, and the rightmost of SCV's "NOT THE NEW UNIFORMS 3" is pretty spiffy- trouble would be that when the horns came up the line would be lost.

The oakleaf baldric is very Star-esque. :p

Really, really cool look into the concept design process.

Ah, so I guess them only having the best hornline one year explains why they won brass for the last 4 years they existed...hmm.

4 Jim Ott's in an 8 year period....hmmm...

Of course they can be compared to the likes of the corps you mentioned. This is because while they existed, they beat ALL of those corps MULTIPLE times. And they beat them in finals, where it counts, too.

Yeah! What HE said, plus, you(Bigsnareline) obviously don't know your facts very well. Star DID NOT get new uniforms every year. More than some corps did, perhaps, but not every year. Sounds like SOUR GRAPES to me! And by the way, most of the people on DCP who idolize STAR are kids under age 25 who DID NOT march Star. YOU get over it.

Edited by Crowncontramom

Yeah..and them making finals every year of their existance doesn't mean a thing? Tell me another corps that did that...Sorry dude, but you've just insulted a huge number of people by saying that. I know and am friends with people hat marched Star or have been part of the organization in a different way, so i know first hand how hard they worked, so yes, they deserve recognition for what they did.

SANTA CLARA VANGAURD EVERY YEAR SINCE 1972! THEY HAVE NOT MISSED A SINGLE FINALS SINCE DCI WAS FORMED!!!! BAD MISS :tongue:

Once again, sorry Perry S, but we weren't talking about SCV then. I don't have ANYTHING against SCV, in fact, I really enjoy their shows-a lot. I'm sorry I touched a nerve.

*Note-no sarcasm present.