Uniforms

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah..and them making finals every year of their existance doesn't mean a thing? Tell me another corps that did that...Sorry dude, but you've just insulted a huge number of people by saying that. I know and am friends with people hat marched Star or have been part of the organization in a different way, so i know first hand how hard they worked, so yes, they deserve recognition for what they did.

And let's not forget that the ONLY time they went down in placement at Nats was 92...in every other year they went up or stayed the same (10th, 8th, 7th, 7th, 6th, 3rd, 1ST, 3rd, 2nd).

in 9 short years Star changed the activity.....good or bad, that's your choice...but I can;t think of ANY other corps that had such a major and long-lasting impact in such a short time. Certainly BD, SCV, Cadets, and Cavies have....but they had a lot more time to do it.

And let's not forget that the ONLY time they went down in placement at Nats was 92...in every other year they went up or stayed the same (10th, 8th, 7th, 7th, 6th, 3rd, 1ST, 3rd, 2nd).

in 9 short years Star changed the activity.....good or bad, that's your choice...but I can;t think of ANY other corps that had such a major and long-lasting impact in such a short time. Certainly BD, SCV, Cadets, and Cavies have....but they had a lot more time to do it.

Ok OK! - I can understand why so many people put them on the big pedestal. Maybe I don't feel it because I was out of the country for most of the time Star was around. My only experience with them is from watching DVDs and I just never got why they were so popular. They were - after all, the originators of the artsy fartsy drum corps show. I apologize for offending anyone with my opinions.

Ok OK! - I can understand why so many people put them on the big pedestal. Maybe I don't feel it because I was out of the country for most of the time Star was around. My only experience with them is from watching DVDs and I just never got why they were so popular. They were - after all, the originators of the artsy fartsy drum corps show. I apologize for offending anyone with my opinions.

It wasn't so much the opinions themselves....but when you start out with asserting they they got new unis every year (and are clearly wrong about it) and then pile on minimizing their accomplishments, your cred suffers.

I hear that Crown will be doing a new uniform concept that will involve:

-Underpants worn OUTSIDE the bibbers.

-A Sombrero with a 48 inch brim.

-Jewelled 6 inch stiletto high heel shoes.

Really it's true. The brother of the 3rd cousin's boyfriend of the show designers godmother told me. I swear :grouphug:

Ah, going back to the '93 - '94 uniform I take it?

Just wondering about the unis this year. I know last year was big for this, but just checking? Any info would be great...thanks.

VK

(shhhh)

You'll just have to wait.

VK

(shhhh)

You'll just have to wait.

que?

:grouphug:

It wasn't so much the opinions themselves....but when you start out with asserting they they got new unis every year (and are clearly wrong about it) and then pile on minimizing their accomplishments, your cred suffers.

My "CRED" ??? - Come on folks - this is only DCP - don't take things too seriously. :grouphug:

OK so they didn't get new uniforms every year - they still don't deserve to be put on the big pedestal.

Star deserved to be put on a pedestal as much as ANY of the other corps of the day, and I marched in ONE of those other corps during that time. Their hornline was the BEST I have ever heard in DCI... Even SINCE then... It didn't start out that way, but by 1990, they had the brass caption DOWN, the work ethic down, the design down, the drumline DOWN, the costuming, etc.... Probably the weakest section of the corps was the color guard, and THAT section was totally awe inspiring.

No offense to you, BigSnareline, but they were THAT good. No corps since then has had ALL the pieces working together as well at the same time. And they maintained the "synergy" over a period of many years. Some have been good, some have been close, but none have matched EVERY aspect of a perfect combination to a great corps.

Sorry you couldn't see them live from '90 - '93...

Now, let's get back to uniform discussions....

Edited by jjeffeory

Star deserved to be put on a pedestal as much as ANY of the other corps of the day, and I marched in ONE of those other corps during that time. Their hornline was the BEST I have ever heard in DCI... Even SINCE then... It didn't start out that way, but by 1990, they had the brass caption DOWN, the work ethic down, the design down, the drumline DOWN, the costuming, etc.... Probably the weakest section of the corps was the color guard, and THAT section was totally awe inspiring.

No offense to you, BigSnareline, but they were THAT good. No corps since then has had ALL the pieces working together as well at the same time. And they maintained the "synergy" over a period of many years. Some have been good, some have been close, but none have matched EVERY aspect of a perfect combination to a great corps.

Sorry you couldn't see them live from '90 - '93...

Now, let's get back to uniform discussions....

Good Idea! So what uniforms are Star wearing this year?