Bluecoats 2008 show title...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes::inlove:

ANYWAYS, Bloo is going to do spectacular. They will truly be a knockout (pun intended, duh)

Have they announced any musical pieces yet?

nope, not yet. It would be nice to find out though.

Where in that post does it say I'm a hater? I like the coats. I think they will, eventually be in that top 3-4 area. But for now, I still believe they have a ways to go to consistently finish in that area. Say what you want about the quality of their program, show design and how close the top 6-7 corps are scorewise, but the truth of the matter is they still came in 7th.

Go Bluecoats! I feel I have to say that lest I be labeled a hater. And god forbid any opposing viewpoint be voiced.

Assimilate or be destroyed!

Good lord. Since nobody believes what I actually posted, I'll go ahead and QUOTE MYSELF from page 2 of this thread to save you couple of bright individuals the trouble of actually reading the entire thread. Once again. Reading comprehension. Go ahead and read the entire quoted post. I'll wait.

Done? Good! Now look and see where it says consistently in the second line. I took the liberty of bolding and underlining it in my original post.

Once again, to get back on topic, I feel the Bluecoats will get there. Eventually. But, sorry. One year in the top 4 (not last year) isn't going to convince me that a corps is on the cusp of taking home the hardware. Best of luck to the team from Canton, OH.

Sorry all the negativity. I don't suffer fools very well. And esp. not at 6:55 am.

Edited by contrajedi8

Me neither. I have always found boxing in general to be pretty stupid. . .watching two people pummel each other into mental illness or bad health and betting on it.

if you think thats what boxing is about you are sadly mistaken.

thats why i asked my original question.... if they actually come up with a good show concept that engages some of the deeper and more engaging concepts of boxing it could be sweet.

but if they; play some rocky tunes and have the members shadowbox, dress the guard in robes with black eye paint, have a ring announcer yammering during the show, pander to the lowest common denominator for mass acceptance, etc etc... and basically generalize the concept(whitch seems to be what your used to, based on your above statement), i suspect the show will tank faster than lindsay lohan's movie career.

if you think thats what boxing is about you are sadly mistaken.

thats why i asked my original question.... if they actually come up with a good show concept that engages some of the deeper and more engaging concepts of boxing it could be sweet.

but if they; play some rocky tunes and have the members shadowbox, dress the guard in robes with black eye paint, have a ring announcer yammering during the show, pander to the lowest common denominator for mass acceptance, etc etc... and basically generalize the concept(whitch seems to be what your used to, based on your above statement), i suspect the show will tank faster than lindsay lohan's movie career.

Okay...not to put too fine a point on it, but let's look at "Criminal". That show had:

-people in orange jumpsuits

-"lasers" to go through

-a police themed "drop your weapons" announcer

-handcuffs

...and so on.

To say that 'Coats won't do exactly what you just listed as pandering to the lowest common denominator (at least using previous show design as a reference) ...well, I'll just say I'll be suprised if we don't see the ring announcer (yay...more narration lol), shadow boxing and on forth to try to hit Joe SixPack over the head with the theme.

I'm hoping for "Raging Bull/Million Dollar Baby" too, but I have a feeling that's not where we're headed.

Guess we'll see. :thumbup:

Slightly off topic, but it's my thread!

Saw a replay of the Tyson v. Douglas fight in Tokyo--Tyson's first loss. We got into a conversation about how good boxing actually was in that era. Meaning, was Tyson really that great or just a bunch of hype. I think we agreed that it wasn't really that great, he really was just a bunch of hype (Don King knew what he was doing!), and so on.

Who quoted Iron Mike's top 10 all-time quotes? Geez. #1 wouldn't even top Ali's #10. Sad. Just...sad.

So I hope that Tyson's greatest quotes isn't a part of it, but Ali had some good ones. Might make some fun visuals.

Narrator: "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."

Guard busts out butterfly wings a la 'On Air.' Kind of a stretch, but cut me some slack.

Narrator: "Thrilla in Manilla!"

Guard comes out in all cream jump suits--Manilla--vanilla? Again, a stretch.

C'mon, it's boxing! What do you do with boxing?? Of course, that's what I said about horse racing...until last year!

It will make an interesting running dialogue for the narration like Criminal and Triple Crown, after they added the 'color commentary' at the end of the year. Should be fun.

Nobody's said anything about my original question lately?

So question...BD did 'Winged Victory' last year. Nobody can tell me they didn't design that thing to win from the get-go...California finals and all.

Actually they designed the show to get second, by less than 4 tenths spread. With that in mind, their 2007 season was a complete faliure. :thumbup: