DCP-I 9 Season Discussion

Well as a bit of surprise for the kids we decided to fly both Shadow and Silhouette to the Super Bowl today. Both of the corps have a break before they start up again. We hope they have a great time today as they watch what looks to be a great game.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw-weet. We were third in the Eastern Regional. The next day the members were allowed to sleep in. We did some warmups, a few hours of drill. Then BAM!! We take Philly. The members were thrilled to take a regional....the first of many (and we didn't make any changes yet. :tongue: )

NMP is taking it low and slow. Haven't really changed anything yet. Only one corps in finals for the South Regional is a little disappointing for the crew, but they're tough and have been here before. We'll shine when it's time.

The hard work from the Gypsum Board Brigade sponsored by WALL MART paid off. We felt fortunate to squeeze into DCP-I North Finals in the last Division I slot, and left the competition Saturday as champions by a wide margin.

The audiences we perform for continue to shun to our program, "From Plaster to Plywood, A History of Wall Finishes."

Needless to say, the boos of the crowd upon announcement of our placement Saturday night were not taken well by our members.

The Gypsum Board Brigade sponsored by WALL MART urges DCP-I fans to take the high road and cheer on all competing corps.

Well THOSE changes worked... :ph34r:

Any visual staff looking for a job this season, feel free to forward your resumes to Kosmos...

Come on Matt, you've been playing this game long enough to that if it's working not to change it. LOL, I got lazy and didn't make changes and look what happened. I'll be making my changes at the next bump up. :thumbdown:

Lakers are still struggling this season. Swingers take home their first regional title, while Lights took Silver in DIII.

We had a nice round of thunderstorms and tornadoes in Memphis last night, and we just got power back, so scores will be posted in a bit. Sorry for the delay.

I am very proud of Ranger's Arrow. The show seems to be pleasing the crowd and the judges. Apparently not enough in the finals in Green Bay. My first 1st place finish in dcpi was in Green Bay prelims and now another 1st place finish and pretty close to the top of the standings(I think). Hopefully our luck continues with the demanding Warriors of Qin.

I don't know what happened, but Tri-Color has not made any changes to their show in a while, and had stalled in the high 70s--and somehow tonight, they managed to jump from a 79.4 to an 82.7 in just 2 days. This corps has been doing the unthinkable all season. The audience and judges are really enjoying this Colores de Tango show, and the members love everything we are giving them.

Emerald Regime continues to be a close runner up to Star of Hawaii, but they were VERY EXCITED this evening when they heard the scores. We aren't sure if the gap is closing, but it really put the kids on an emotional high tonight.

Explorers have not had a show in a few days, but the kids have made significant improvements in their performances, and we anticipate a healthy showing tomorrow night.