DCP-I 9 Season Discussion

Tri-Color certainly appears to be doing quite well, and they just won their home show in Champaign IL. They have gone from 65, 69, 71 to 74 in just 4 shows! Division I is very competitive again this season, and we will need to keep our show full of surprises and goodies in order to stay in the mix.

Emerald Regime is definitely living up to their high expectations, and are doing quite successful in Division II for their second season. Many people are saying "They should be in Division I, as they are performing a demanding program." Emerald Explorers--this is the best this corps has performed in almost 3 seasons. They've stepped it up a notch with a new design team. Everyone is excited. All of the Tri-Color Organizations are excited about their competitors and how much fun we are having so far this season!

Edited by Matthew

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tri-Color certainly appears to be doing quite well, and they just won their home show in Champaign IL. They have gone from 65, 69, 71 to 74 in just 4 shows! Division I is very competitive again this season, and we will need to keep our show full of surprises and goodies in order to stay in the mix.

Emerald Regime is definitely living up to their high expectations, and are doing quite successful in Division II for their second season. Many people are saying "They should be in Division I, as they are performing a demanding program." Emerald Explorers--this is the best this corps has performed in almost 3 seasons. They've stepped it up a notch with a new design team. Everyone is excited. All of the Tri-Color Organizations are excited about their competitors and how much fun we are having so far this season!

Neck and neck with Jupiter and Hawaii now. Should be fun.

A number of show changes coming in for both which I will assume may hurt us score wise for a couple weeks. Will see.

The entire FDO is right now at the top of their game, especially for it being so early in the season. Both Battalion and Regiment won gold medals while Cadets earned a silver only to trail rival Cross. Good job to everyone this season so far!

-Wayne

Scores are starting to stagnate, which means someone who hasn't been in the mix consistently is about to do very well. We are making some changes to our programs this week, which should keep up right where we want to be. Emerald Regime and Explorers have picked up a few new members along the way, so their corps have filled out quite nicely.

The Shadow Music Organization corps haven't competed in a few days and are looking forward to get right back into things in Athens, GA on the 29th. Hopefully we'll jump right back into the top and make this even more interesting.

The 31st can't come soon enough for us.

The WALL MART Virtual Corporation has been very generous to the Gypsum Board Brigade this week by flying in world renowned consultants to assist our 100% rookie corps in our extensive show improvements. While our first performance in Champaign earned a lackluster 7th place finish, the corps has rallied to a Second Place finish in Toledo over the weekend, placing behind the #1 ranked Florida Dragon Battalion.

We are currently struggling with our GE scores, as the audience is having difficulty understanding our program titled "From Plaster to Plywood: A History of Wall Finishes," but we are certain with time and multiple viewings by the DCP-I fans they will learn to love this program as much as we do.

West Salem Titan Regiment is doing excellent for their rookie year!! Third in ranking!

Futura is doing decent, and Viper Brigade is making slow but steady progress.

We warned everyone to be prepared for our shift in show to make it a rough week or two and last night in Allentown sure showed that...we appreciated the polite respect given by other corps and our fans as we turned out one of worst shows in history. The new uniforms were not in, the props are not completed and the music was dirty to say the least. Just remember--we will be BACK!

FDO had a great night in Tennessee last night Battalion placed 2nd to Tri-Color for Division I while both Regiment and Cadets earned gold medals by pretty good margins. Onward and upward!

-Wayne